Introduction of a new member.

mdfa.ca

Hello Everyone,

I have just found this forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Margaret and I have been fishing since a wee girl. My dad was a dedicated fisherman and angler and, since he was only blessed with one girl and no boys, taught me everything he knew... Though now I am strictly catch'n'release. I'm not really sure how i found OFC, but it's just the thing I've been looking for. Having been out of circulation for a few years I don't know where the good fishing spots are any more. Many of my old favourites are now stinky mudholes reeking of fertilizer and cow manure so I don't know where to go anymore for some sport and fun. Hopefully I can get some pointers here. My son (almost 9) is eager to learn and I want to take him somewhere where he would be guaranteed to at least get a bite, to keep his interest going.

A little about me: I'm an IT professional and an artist, specializing in horse art and portraits. I love nature and camping/canoeing and will pick a forest over a party any day :canadian: . Glad to be here and I'm looking forward to future discussions.

Margaret.

A good place to try that is nearby, (illiteration, don'tcha love it!:lol:), is Binbrook conservation area. AS well, Bayfront park can offer up carp, if you are so inclined.

Get your son hooked, and that will be the best hookup he could get. Good luck!

Welcome. There are some real good folks in the Hamilton area. I'm sure some will sound out. If you don't mind going a little further. The Grand R. is only 20-30 minutes away. Niagara has some great spots. Come down to Beamsville some time and I can show you and the lad a few spots.