Beautiful weather & some fish!

tonyb

Spent the day on the water with my wife, she doesn't like holding fish to that's why I am the only one in pictures :D

The key yesterday was to keep moving...not necessarily to find fish, but to avoid people!...by the time I got my 2 anchors deployed at each spot I would get swarmed with about 10-15 boats!!

So I let them settle in before pulling anchors and moving again... :rolleyes:

Finally found some space out away from the crowds and had a consistent screen full of fish on the sonar. B)

Working them on screen in real time was like playing a video game, and we had about a 10:1 ratio of fish that would commit and strike versus the others that would just follow the jig up and down the water column, sometimes up to 20 feet at a time!

IMG_0077Medium-1.jpg

IMG_0080Medium-1.jpg

A great day to be out on the water!

IMG_0081Medium-1.jpg

Tony

For sure sly! if not up there on Simcoe then I would be glad to put you onto some Salmon and Trout out on Lady O...

I forgot to mention, fish were taken on Bad Boy jigs, half n half hammered williams ice jig, and the Blue Fox jig B)

Great stuff Tony!

You're motor looks freakin' huge man, exactly what is it? LOL!

Mercury Verado...quiet, clean and refined. At idle the stream of water peeing out of the engine is pretty much the only sound to indicate the engine is running. At WOT you can have a regular outdoor conversation B)

Mercury Verado...quiet, clean and refined. At idle the stream of water peeing out of the engine is pretty much the only sound to indicate the engine is running. At WOT you can have a regular outdoor conversation B)

Sweet. So what is it, like 500hp? :lol:

Solo - 225HP can get you to a spot at 51-54MPH depending on who is in the boat :)

GCD - I had a fish fry last night, with 5 more meals remaining (each fillet is the perfect amount for me and Amanda)

Clof - People do jig for Lake Trout on Lake O...it is very popular at the Niagara Bar, even in smaller boats on calm days, and I don't see why it wouldn't work elsewhere...just more efficient to troll for 'em.