How is the fishing this spring?

glen

How is the fishing this spring?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you catching more or less then normal this spring?

• The fishing is better then ever.
    • The fishing is the same.
    • The fishing sucks this spring.

Fishing sucked the last time I went, so much rain!... the lake is either near flood stage of being sucked down 2' below full pool in expectation of more flooding rain!!!

Been working me arse off in the yard, and the rain has me screwed up there too!... can't hardly make myself go fishin' 'til the yard is finished... and i can't finish the yard 'til it quits raining!!!... it really sux to be me right now!!! :(

AWE...poor old Dawg !!!

I'd feel for you but I can't reach ya... :(

The spring crappie fishing was not as good as previous years...too many cold nights down near zero degrees celcius...

Edited by Beans

The water has been, and continues to be, very high on the east side of the Kawartha's. This probably has held the weeds back, and as Beans observed, coupled with the cooler weather, the Crappie fishing wasn't as good as say last year. But, unless you were hoping to fill the freezer, it was still okay. A couple of my honey holes were only hot on the second weekend of the season. Since then we have been finding singles instead of schools. On the other hand there have been tons of large Sunfish!

I have Pike in a near-by lake and the fishing has been quite good, using Husky Jerks etc. My Musky friends, who are warming up their two-by-four lures and pool-cue rods, on my Pike, wink are saying they aren't getting as many real big ones this year. However, I am catching lots of fat mid-thirties fish on my light tackle...grin. Weed growth has really turned on in the last week or so and the water temperatures are finally in the 60's. I have seen lots of cruising Musky and caught a few small Bass, while looking for Crappie, and a few large ones while jerking for Pike, so I think things will be very good when those seasons open.

Fishing has been pretty good this year up here in Wawa so far...really high water and lots of rain, but thats what rain suits are for. We have been getting lots of eyes..and nice ones at that...from 16-23 inches. Havent had this success this early in the season for quite some time.