Can anyone ID this Bird?

Swallow for sure...

Everyday for the last week when my son gets off the bus from school,walking in the lane he gets bombarded by a couple of them.He's 10 ,but is kinda freaked out by them.

Lol, every day I walk down to go fishing I have swallows flying in circles around me trying to catch bugs that are trying to use me to hide behind. :huh:

It is indeed a Barn Swallow, I ID'ed it in my Audubon Bird book before posting it.. and posted it because it's a pretty good pic and to see who would take the time to ID it here.

They're amazing little birds that spend more time in the air than almost any other bird! They winter in the tropics, some as far south as central Argentina and come to North America to nest and raise their young.

They're very active and industrious!

This a pic of the nest, I think it's either almost finished or finished:

DSC01752.jpg

They take the mud from my vegetable garden in the mornings after I water it!

They're kind of messy little buggars, but it's a small price to pay for the amount of bugs they'll eat!

DSC01753.jpg

A couple minutes with the powerwasher will clean that up!

I aggravate them a little by sitting at my picnic table so I can watch them fly around me.

Looks like a Swallow to me as well... I have a pair of tree swallows occupying one of my bird houses...They are pretty birds... but can be aggressive..

G

They can be really aggressive as Gerritt wrote. I had a nest of them above the front door of my house one year. In the morning when I'd sit on the step and have my coffee before work, they'd dive bomb me. :o

I'd be running around, flailing coffee and screaming like a banshee....when they left for the season, I took it down and will never let that happen again.

Cheers