Got an hour in this morning

limeyangler

Got out for an hour this morning, i was hardly awake yet but the sight of sunshine was too good pass up. It was all a lie....lol...its still flippin freezing out there! I took my morning coffee with me, planning to just cast out a floating jig with a sinker and sit, take in the morning air and soak in the scenery, not expecting to catch anything.

I had only just settled in the lawn chair with my morning brew when the rod jumped off the log i was using as a rod rest and i had to do a dash to save my rod, i managed to grab it as it was dragged into the waves and saved it but got a shoe full of freezing water for my efforts......thought it was one of those big ice out pike...but turned out to be a walleye, came in at 19".

WALLEYE IN THE BAY....AT LAST!

IMG_3640.jpg

It went quiet for about half an hour, and i was getting chilly so changed up to a slip bobber to get me moving a bit.....couple of casts later the bobber slid under at a fair pace and i hooked into another smaller walleye at round 16".

LOVE MY SLIP BOBBERS....LOL

i got bit off by a large pike on my bobber set up pretty soon afterwards so was back to the floating jig set up. Just as my wife came down to say good morning the rod registered a bite and she grabbed the camera and filmed me bringing in anopther nice walleye.

A BIT BIGGER THAN THE FIRST ONE.....AROUND 20"

IMG_3644.jpg

All the fish went bak today as we had a good feed of walleye on Sunday night, good fun to get some good waltrs with yer morning frappacinno.....

limeyangler, I think I found you as my teacher to show me how to do that rig" floating jig and sinker " cause due to my present arm problem I cannot cast too much time, can you email me or reply in here where can I get the floating jig and sinker and how they look like, how long is the leader? I imagine the leader should be longer in order to keep the rig float. my email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Great report, pics and videos Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Good job on saving the runaway rod.... got to hate getting your foot wet LOL

but yet again nice surprise to getting a nice eye on the other end of the stick B)

I guess now that the eyes have moved into the bay, you will spend more time back there eh :whistling:

Again good job my friend and thanks for sharing

Jacques

Yep, definitely getting jealous of your yard again. Slip floating for walleye that close to your house - it's juts not fair.

It's no big deal. I grew up with a river in my back yard. Could go out any time I wanted and score suckers and rock bass.

Oh, and we had mud puppies and runaway mink (nasty little bastidges) ...... and huge snapping turtles ...... and carp ..... and brown trout (the kind without fins - this was before they got fussy about what was dumped into the waterways) ....

Okay, so Simon's got a better deal.

JF

Nice report Simon, and yes, I'm jealous as well. Love the POV camera angle in the first couple of video clips. Just wondering how you have the camera mounted so you can fish and shoot video at the same time? Thanks for the report!

Great report, pics and vid's!

One question.... How'd you rig the camera up like that?

Unfortunately guys there is no sectret rigging method for the camera....i just hld onto it the best i can whilst reeling in...here's a little vid of how I do it