First Report of the Season (G bay Pike and Simcoe Jumbos)

Hey guys, Im finally finished school so have time to make reports again. Thank God

My buddy Bon and I hit Simcoe two weeks ago for some early season perchin. It was an awesome day. We managed to catch around 75 perch. 40 of them were between 10-13” and my bud got a 14.5” Hog. Heres a pic of the Hog.

IMG_1100-1.jpg

It was a great day draggin jigs around for perch and alot of action is always good for people new to fishing.

I was planning a three day trip up to Gbay for Pike opener but the Numnuts at school messed up my marks so I had to cancel to sort things out. Managed to get out for the day this Tuesday.

Took my bud Rob out for his first real day fishing and boy was it a good one. It was a gorgeous day but I was worried about the east wind. The fish Didn’t mind the wind tho. We landed 20 fish. 19 Pike and one accidental smallie. We also lost another 10 or so fish. We caught all fish on jerk baits. A lot of 7 and 8lbers and only 3 fish under 5lbs. The real treat was that I got two Hog pike. A 10lber and a 11lber.Most fish had bigger shoulders then last year so guess there healthy. It was a blast. Here are a few of the fish.

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

sorry about the verticle hold guys

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

I really needed a day like that after a long year at school. Needless to say, my buddy Rob had a blast his first day fishing. Thanks for reading and love the Quinte reports guys.

Goodluck on the water

Snagmasteral

Ah man, I'm auctually so excited to get there at after the 24 weekend for the pike fishing, :worthy: any insight on some speciffic patterns/baits that worked well for you that you would like to share :blush:

Excellent job out there, heck I would be happy with a little 3lb'r or two let alone a 11lb pike!

Amazing job dude!

nice work!

we were out in Hoggs Bay for a few hours tuesday night with only one pike to show for it .

had to keep moving to keep away from the bass.

also just about removed my skeg when we strayed out of the channel , luckily slowed down before the impact :stretcher:

will be out on simcoe Friday rain or shine and hope to do better

TB

Great report and pics Snagmasteral :thumbsup_anim:

Great way to start the season.... oversize perch and big gators :w00t:

Just doesn't get any better than that. I bet your bud Rob is real glad that he joined you on the water.

Congratulations to both of you :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Leechman