GPS Stolen from my Truck

Doctrt

Last night my Lowrance XOG was stolen from the dash of my truck. Woke in the morning to find the door slightly open and the glove box rifled through. Not sure how they got in but I always lock it at night. Just a reminder to bring them indoors at night if at all possible. If anyone happens to come across a used one for sale, let me know, it might be mine. I'm located in North Whitby and several of my neighbours were hit last night as well. Thankfully all my fishing stuff was untouched. Little did they know, my rods and reels are more than triple the value of the GPS. Despite all the criticism of the XOG, I was growing quite fond of it. Especially now with all my POI's enterred. Thankfully I hadn't yet got the new Navionics card. Keep safe.

Tim

Edited by Doctrt

That auxka. Can't stand theft. Hope I never catch someone doing that to my car.

What are the criticisms about the XOG. My buddy and I use his in his truck and on the lake. He uses a navionics chip and it works very well so far. For the price of $150 he has a gps for his car and he uses on his boat as well (He also has the RAM holder mounted to the boat).

man that sucks , that happend to us last week , my hole street got hit.. my friend and i actually caught them in the act .. we called the cops.. and we followed them for a while .. but in the end they got away :|

hope you find your stuff

I've been wondering if there's any way to back up POI's to your computer (like a .csv). It seems logical. Perhaps even to an SD card. I haven't used my gps enuf yet to figure out all the tools available.

Anyone know?

JF

Not sure what the circumstances were in this case but.....

Eliminating the "Opportunity" is by far our greatest deterrance.

Leave NOTHING visible through your windows. (CD's, loose coins etc )

Store everything out of sight ....Glove box/trunk or use a blanket to cover things up if you own a van/wagon etc.

Most people remove the GPS unit but leave the bracket stuck to their windshield....If I was a thief.....I'd take my chances on this vehicle.

I would also go as far as "Windexing" the inside windshield regularily so as to remove the ring marks the suction cup makes.

Again, thieves dont usually hit randomly. So, eliminating the opportunity will greatly reduce your chance of bein ripped off.

Meely :canadian:

Edited by Meely

That sux Tim; my brother lives in the 'shwa and had his whole street burglarized in the same fashion. I had my car stereo stolen outta my driveway here in the quiet burbs of mississauga, even though the face was hidden in the glove. Take the advice of others here, leave nothing of value in your car at night. Just dont give those scum frogs a chance. Each night my vehicle is as clean as the day it left the dealer