Been a long time.....

Rattletrap2

It has been a long time for a few things actually!

I figure it has been something like 24 years since I have been Trout fishing....and almost as long (at least it feels that way!) since I posted a fishing report! LOL

The last couple of years have been real busy while we tried to settle into this place, and I just haven't been able to get out fishing like I always have in the past. Since we bought our trailer back in 1986, I was always busy trying to get that place opened up in the spring and the boat ready, etc. Trout fishing just took a back seat to everything else.

Forward to today, and we live right on a tributary of the Nottawasaga river. I had seen the little Speckled Trout quite a few times over the last two years, but never had a chance to throw a line at them. We pulled a couple of spunky Creek Chub out last summer, but otherwise nothing else.

This morning, I woke up a little after 6 am, made a pot of coffee and set about getting a rod rigged up and hunted for about 20 minutes trying to find my waders!

I headed down to the small bridge behind the house and rigged a float, several tiny split shot, and a #12 hook decorated with a Berkley Pink Trout worm. After only a couple of casts (man was I rusty!), the Chub started hitting straight away. All in all, I figure I easily landed about 15 or 20 of them.

Got down to a bend in the small creek and Wow! This little Speckie came out to greet me!

gallery_333_603_48354.jpg

Fished along the creek till I came to a nice sized pool. Nothing but more Creek chub though.

This little guy was typical.

gallery_333_603_75055.jpg

Started heading towards home and managed another small trout. Tossed a new worm in alongside a log and WHAM!

This guy came thrashing onto the bank!

gallery_333_603_20206.jpg

Another shot of the same fish!

gallery_333_603_82881.jpg

All in all, it felt great and I had a lot of fun!

Hope anyone else that got out this morning had a good day? I know these are nothing like all them chrome Steelhead everyone likes to catch, but pecking away at tiny streams for natural resident Trout was always my preference.

Very nice fish.

So these plastic worms, do they catch alot then? You'd never catch a thing on anything like that fishing in the UK so this is all new to me and the techniques/baits you use

Thanks Folks!

Yes ben306, a Student of mine was telling me that these are all he uses for SteelHead and other trout fishing. I can't believe how great they actually worked! I had good success on using bright pink "Bubblegum" coloured senko baits on Bass as well. They look like NOTHING that actually swims in these waters!

I tried a few casts with natural coloured worms, but no comparison to these.

Thanks Folks!

Yes ben306, a Student of mine was telling me that these are all he uses for SteelHead and other trout fishing. I can't believe how great they actually worked! I had good success on using bright pink "Bubblegum" coloured senko baits on Bass as well. They look like NOTHING that actually swims in these waters!

I tried a few casts with natural coloured worms, but no comparison to these.

Thanks for that, think Ill have to have a go of these once I arrive!