The curse of the Notty is finally over.

BillM

Well, after seeing Kempers thread today I decided to break out the pin one more time to try this damn river that's skunked me everytime I've been on it. Conditions weren't that great with only 3-4inches of vis, but what the hell. The weather was nice, the sun was shining and I had a few hours to waste.

Hit the first pool that I'm familar with and was greeted with this sight..

notty002-ps.jpg

So much for that pool!! (note the giant landslide on the right, lol) I can't believe how much the winter has changed this river. It's like a night and day difference. After fishing this river a few times during late Sept of last year with a low water level, I figured out where a few nice runs were inbetween pools. I hit one of those and the first drift down goes the float! Nice little chromer with lots of spunk. A quick pic and she was on her way.

notty003-ps.jpg

Edited by BillM

Wtg Bill I've been going north lately with great success bud. your close to some amazing water the notty being my favourite. Great fish nice to see your time finally paid off... Always happens when you think it wont... and never when you think it will eh?

Glad you were'nt arrested for molesting Baby Fish!!! ;)

Baby fish? That fish is 15lbs...It just so happens Bill is 10ft tall and has hands bigger than a yeti's :lol:

WTG Bill! The Notty is definitely one river I'd love to fish...I'm hoping to make it up there this summer for maybe carp and in the fall for some steel. I can't wait.

Well done my friend! So how do you like the new rod?

It's awesome man. I can really load it up when I cast, which is nice. With my Loomis IM6 it seems like I really need to muscle it in order to bomb out a cast, with the GL3 it just loads up and is gone :)

Sil: I've got 3 complete setups now... what can I say this floatfishing thing is addicting.

5 days and counting Mike!! :)

Edited by BillM

Kewl!! Always wanted to fish the Notty...

Whatcha gonna dou with the IM6 budday?!

The Loomis IM6 would have to be torn from my cold dead hands :) I love that rod. It's a funky custom built 3 piece.

You looking for a setup?

The Loomis IM6 would have to be torn from my cold dead hands :) I love that rod. It's a funky custom built 3 piece.

You looking for a setup?

Yeah I bet it's sentimental value is through the roof! :)

Always looking to up my arsenal.. Realistically speaking, I'm hoping to get something proper by the fall..

I'm banking Solo is gonna link me up!!

I'm banking Solo is gonna link me up!!

Actually bro I do have a rod for you.

Bill I hear you... I got 7 float rods and a new ang specs being machined as we speak. whats the 3rd reel you got now? GL3 a nice rod bud good going on picking one up.

7 float rods? Dude that's crazy LOL!

Bill's GL3 probably isn't what you think.. It's the 131/2' 3pc not the more popular 13' 2pc.

Fantastic rod, don't know why it was never more popular.