Missing boater on Georgian Bay/Penetang Harbour

irishfield

Since they woke me at first light, roof topping my house, I've talked to the C130 Canfor lads a couple times this morning on the radio... no sign of nuthing so far..

http://www.simcoe.com/article/133794

It's a weird one with him driving the length of the harbour to then walk to the grill and then disappearing boat and all. :dunno:

Edited by irishfield

Unfortunately he was wearing dark coloured clothing, so if he did fall out of the boat, he will be difficult to spot. When the water is this cold, a floatation suit makes alot of sense, but was not mentioned in the article, so who knows if he was wearing one?

Edited by Cast-Away

For god sakes lads... lets not take this thread "south" as well. His family is devistated... Anyone one of us could be in this position tomorrow...

Nothing as of 5pm when the boys went by for the last time to wave me good bye before heading back to Trenton. Some of my brothers old crew...

Leah said she saw a helicopter over Waub way and three ambulances booting down #12 at 6:30... not sure if it's related or not. I've heard some talk that it's possible he headed for Waub after getting in the boat in Penetang Harbour Thur Night/Friday am.

Edited by irishfield

not to add to an already bad thread...but between sauble and southampton ...another man missing in a canoe with a dog on monday....the search was called off as of today ....let this be a reminder for everyone to take the time to ensure all safety equipment and communications are in place for a safe arrival after a day on the water....

Really depressing listening to helicopters for a dozen hours today and feeling helpless with ceiling too low to legally get my airplane out and join in.... can't imagine the families "situation". :(

I'm sure that if there was any chance on you getting out to help you would, but it's better to be safe and to put more lives at risk.

Hope it turns out well.