My fishing days are numbered :(

Ron

My fishing days are numbered, or so my daughter thinks. A bit of background here.....

My daughter has been riding horses going on 12 yrs now, we bought our first horse just over 2 yrs ago. The horses name is "Pork Chop", it has good blood lines and just didn't cut it for being a Quarter horse racer. Steph has been working on her for Barrel racing for only 6 months now and on the weekend was her first competition. She was successful at teh races winning both heats with the fastest overall time in her class. She also won the "Dash for Cash" as well. There were about 40 horses entered in the various classes and Steph had the second fastest time overall at just .055 of a second slower. She definitely turned some heads as people were asking who this "kid" was and where does she train?

So now her next competition will be near Hamilton where if she does well she could come home with some serious coin. This will be held on opener of the walleye season in the Kawarthas. A small price to pay to see my daughter live her dream.

Enjoy the pics...

HealyFallsBarrels1.jpg

HealyFallsBarrels3.jpg

HealyFallsBarrels6r.jpg

HealyFallsBarrels5.jpg

P1100667.jpg

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron

Fantastic pictures! I especially like that second one, both Pork Chop and your daughter look like they are comfortable and confident and giving it their all! All the best to both of them in the up coming event and you are right, it is a very small price to pay!

Beautiful! I rode pleasure-class competition MANY years ago and found the hardest part of the whole thing was learning to put a lot of faith into one of the most neurotic creatures that walks the face of this earth. What a lot of fun! Yeehaaawwww!!!

Nothing more satisfying, as a parent, than to see your child pick up a hobby/sport, thoroughly enjoy it, then excel at it.

Who cares about the fishing when your child is getting that chance to live the dream. You must be proud as a peacock.

That's great Ron :thumbsup_anim: I used to ride myself and did a few jumping and trail competitions in and around the Elliot Lake area. Had a blast and I will remember it fondly forever.

Good luck to Steph :clapping:

Joey

Amazing pics!

I do think she needs a better helmet though Ron!

A 50.00 helmet for a 50.00 head is what I always said. (Just a FYI, that is one of the best helmets on the market and yes slightly more than 50.00! ha ha ha)

Thanks for all the encouragements guys. So, anyone want to buy a Lund? :D

The horse's name is Pork Chop? .... I wonder who he is named after. :o

Congrats to your daughter, Ron.

Don't worry about fishing, you never catch anything anyway.

See you tomorrow night in Coboconk.

Talk to the hand Mike.... B)

Hey, I listened to your opinion, now you can listen to mine.... ha ha ha