My "new" boat !

Lunker777

Hey everyone

Well finally a deal came up I thought was pretty good. So I jumped on it.

It a 14.5ft aluminum with a 18HP Merc on it. The owner prior to the guy I bought it off of did a really POOR job painting the boat and its flaking BAD so Im going to need to re-paint it. He started the motor up while I was there and it fired up first pull ! New prop last year and water pump. Plus a tune up in the fall ! Trailer was also included ! I got the whole package for $1000

Good deal ?

Here are some quick pics of it ! More detail will come tomorrow !

New_boat.jpeg

New_boat2.jpeg

Edited by Lunker777

Thanks everyone !

Yea moving the bow stop forward was one of the first things on the list. Do you think it would be smart to move the axle of the trailer farther back as well ?

Im pumped to start diving into this thing. I wanna get her in the water and take it for a spin !

No don't touch anything with the axles. Only other thing is i would go over the wheel bearings and make sure there ok . Transom looks ok from the pictures provided. Man the joys of owning a boat lol, people with boats know what i mean

LOL!

Definition of a BOAT: A hole in the water that you keep throwing money into.

Thanks everyone !

Yea moving the bow stop forward was one of the first things on the list. Do you think it would be smart to move the axle of the trailer farther back as well ?

Im pumped to start diving into this thing. I wanna get her in the water and take it for a spin !

once you get the boat moved further up the trailer, take a bathroom scale and set the tongue down on it. If you're at 100# or so, leave the axle where it is.

Looks like the trailer axle has bearing buddies, once you have checked the bearing and they are good,just put grease in the buddies before every trip. Apply grease gun to buddy fitting and pump until inner cap comes out and stops,buddy is full. It is spring loaded and will push grease into bearings as you drive.Nice and easy

Looks like the trailer axle has bearing buddies, once you have checked the bearing and they are good,just put grease in the buddies before every trip. Apply grease gun to buddy fitting and pump until inner cap comes out and stops,buddy is full. It is spring loaded and will push grease into bearings as you drive.Nice and easy

You don't want to over fill the buddies.

When the grease and air expands you will blow out the seal.

The seal is low pressure. It's press into the back of the hub.

Only pump them up half way. Leave room for expansion.

So I made it over to take some more detailed pics of the boat .

I power washed it to get the flakes of paint off and I also rinsed the inside out to get rid of some of the debris !

boat018.jpg

boat020.jpg

boat022.jpg

This the leaky spot that he patched up ! seems to be holding strong !

boat023.jpg

boat024.jpg

boat026.jpg

boat027.jpg

The engine looks good... looks like there might be a leak somewhere ??? there seems to be a bit of oil and gunk around the bottom of the power head ? I tried to take a pic as best I could but it doesn't show much. I'm not to worried about it !

The bottom of the plastic is lose, and I don't know how to fix it... I can move it around pretty good and there seems to be a bit of a rubber seal lose around the base ??? dunno what it is ? haha

boat030.jpg

boat031.jpg

boat033.jpg

boat038.jpg

boat039.jpg

boat042.jpg

boat043.jpg

What would be the best way to get all this crap off.... I think its the glue from the carpet that was in there before... and like rock on there ???? tried a paint scraper and tried some paint thinner and there was no luck... any suggestions ???

boat019.jpg

Thanks for looking !