Simcoe perch......

Sinker

I did :D

Got a few for the pan, had a great meal, and spent a great day with my little guy!! Can't beat that!! :thumbsup_anim:

P4080046.jpg

P4080042.jpg

Still a bit of ice out there. Water is still really cold......34-38 degrees. All the usual spots I go were locked in with ice, or void of fish. We found them in an odd spot, and it took a lot of searching, but when we did, it was non stop action.

Boat ran mint. No issues.

Sinker

you notice a lot of debri on the water? Logs or anything of that nature. Always have that fear in early spring :wallbash:

A little bit......just keep your eyes looking where you going and you'll be fine. There was more ice than debris!

Sinker

nice job

I went to the Barrie Marina today for fun.

Lots of fish but quite small.

did manage to catch one jumbo 12 incher.

Sometimes in the summer and fall I catch perch non-stop and they are everywhere in Simcoe. I always wonder how many perch there are in that lake.

I bet there are more than 1000 ;)

nice job

I went to the Barrie Marina today for fun.

Lots of fish but quite small.

did manage to catch one jumbo 12 incher.

Sometimes in the summer and fall I catch perch non-stop and they are everywhere in Simcoe. I always wonder how many perch there are in that lake.

I bet there are more than 1000 ;)

Yep, there are a lot of perch. They gave me the run around today though. It took a loooooooong time to find them. Catching them is the easy part!!

S.

The limit on perch in that zone is unlimited, but Simcoe is in the exceptions, and I believe it's 50. I'd never keep that many anyway, but I know it has a limit.

yea it is a bit much but Im sure they are good eating and probably breed like crazy otherwise this type ot fishing may dwindle the population anywayws Im sure sinker is sensitive to these issues and I trust that no flaming going on man!

Ah, ok.

That lake is ridiculously full of perch. I catch them EVERYWHERE, ALL year, on EVERY type of bait, at ANY retrieval speed. :lol:

Thats what I always say too......but today was a different game altogether for me. After 4 hours of nothing, I was ready to pack it in. They're easy to catch if they're there........but finding them was tough today.

Between 3 of us, we kept around 60 perch. Prolly caught a couple hundred though ;)

Sinker

There are times when I go an hour without any and then wham! Non stop for the next hour, 40 fish like that.

Limit is 50 fish per person with sport license. Spring and fall people catch and keep those numbers but generally in teh summer those numbers are quite a bit lower.

Did you launch at Tiffen or is that Cook`s bay

Edited by Cudz