2R's and Hometown Knock Around in an Old House...

Garry2Rs

At the end of February my daughter bought an older house and like a good Daddy I hurried home from Sunny Arizona to Freezing Hammertown to help with the renovations. I'm not the handiest guy around, but I can paint. I know how to install simple things like toilets and dishwashers and I can make lights and ceiling fans work. On this job I picked up a little dry-wall experience and resprayed a textured ceiling...

This project involved a lot more than that, so at this point I would like to say a very big and public Thank You to my friend Albert, aka The Hometown Handyman. He stepped in to help with the installation of new laminate floors and he installed the new kitchen cupboards. He also managed to work some "Had-to-be-seen-to-be-believed" magic with the trim.

Albert...Thanks again buddy...without you I might still be there!

So here are the Before and After shots...

Living room:

Livingroompre_002.jpg

Livingroom_reno_005.jpg

Livingroomreno_006.jpg

Dining Room:

Diningroompre_001.jpg

house_reno_008.jpg

Kitchen:

Kitchenpre_006.jpg

Kitchenreno_003.jpg

27th_St_pre_007.jpg

Kitchenreno_004.jpg

Bathroom:

Bathroompre_019.jpg

Bathroomreno_015.jpg

Bedrooms:

There aren't any before pictures of the bedrooms...they were just empty spaces.

We painted, removed old carpet, installed laminate floors, trimmed and changed the light fixtures.

Here's how they turned out...

house_reno_016.jpg

house_reno_017.jpg

house_reno_021.jpg

There's a new fence and new doors but those jobs I had nothing to do with.

Anyway thanks to the Hometown Handyman the jobs all got done before the fishing season started...grin.

Thanks for the kind words Garry :blush: ....now for the true story: I arrived on site and Garry and his daughter are there slugging away, they have this fellow installing a new front and back entry system. Apparently it was a very difficult install as he was on the install 3 or was it 4 days.

As well Garry forgot to mention that he installed all the light fixtures, all of the plumbing fixtures, and all the upstairs laminate. All I did was the lower floor, screwed up some cabinets on the walls, some case and base and a little bit of odds and ends. Garry is a good student!

The admission has to be made that the whole week one of us was grumbling, "Teach a man to cast, and he'll spend days putting laminate flooring down"

All in all it was fun, despite the company

Thanks Folks

I know she is happy with the results. And what the heck, my hands will heal in time for the Crappie opener...grin.

Tinbanger:

I spent the Winter in Yuma Arizona. Yes, I wish I was there now!

Addikted2fishing:

Strangely there is no window in the kitchen. I think the mirror was to brighten up the sink area.

We removed some cupboards so that it wasn't such a cave and added more lights that could be aimed.

Joey:

You call Hometown Handyman I'm officially retired...hahaha.

Hometown Albert:

A couple more rooms and you'll have those casting lessons worked off...(snicker - snicker)

Hometown Albert:

A couple more rooms and you'll have those casting lessons worked off...(snicker - snicker)

That's it, I sendin' you an invoice! :lol::jerry::jerry: Or maybe some bass boat time will seal the deal too. :Gonefishing: