Cat'n on Friday

nancur373

Hey guys. Myself and Alie Goby are heading to Dunnville on Friday. I know some of you are talking about going too. Just want to see if anyone else is going. Maybe we could have a beer together or something. Maybe a mini derby for braggin rights. Hope to have the boat readyt but if not from shore is good too.

Curt

man I'd so be down with this G2G, the boat is ready and everything - but Ginny's about to pop. I'm talking the baby could come any time now and it's a 2 hour drive to the hospital in Oakville (don't ask ) from our house. So the 45min drive back home from Dunnville to pick up a wife who's in labor just isn't isn't in the cards for me this weekend.

Good Luck - I look forward to the reports.

Cheers,

UF

but Ginny's about to pop. I'm talking the baby could come any time now and it's a 2 hour drive to the hospital in Oakville (don't ask ) from our house. So the 45min drive back home from Dunnville to pick up a wife who's in labor just isn't isn't in the cards for me this weekend.

LOL, some people will use any excuse. Good luck with your wife :)

Edited by LeXXington

this may sound stupid..... but I have NEVER fished for cats before... so what do I do... bring my boat anchor and still fish? Hook, meat and lead, I assume due to the currents.... Friday is supposed to be nice... at least I have a chance to catch a tan! LOL...

G

this may sound stupid..... but I have NEVER fished for cats before... so what do I do... bring my boat anchor and still fish? Hook, meat and lead, I assume due to the currents.... Friday is supposed to be nice... at least I have a chance to catch a tan! LOL...

G

yup .. anchor (bring 2 to stop the wind from swinging back end) or nose first into the reeds ... cast out a chunk of sucker or worms or minnows .. sit back and wait

What time is everyone heading out there ... I might be able to make it for a couple hours .. meeting at fishmasters??? .. BBQ???? .. pt Maitland???

Edited by brifishrgy

I'll probably be wearing an orange coat if the weather is cool. Red ball cap or Habs toque. Camo pants.

i'd be wearing 100% camo if your gonna wear a habs toque heheheh :P good luck on the kitty cats guys

Edited by BassAsin

I'll be at Fishmaster's Friday morning. If you see an older red lund with a longer haired kid, say hi. Would you say cut up sucker is the best bait? And does Fishmaster have the bait available for purchase?

I have caught catfish on chunks of hot dogs, chicken liver, 3-4 worms on a hook.

But yes cut up sucker works probably the best and Fishmaster should have some in his shop, he did last year.

are there ane places i can go after these cats from shore i dont have a boat, any help would be appriciated thanks

There has been bigger Cats this Spring caught right off my rocks infront of my store then some of the Cats in the boats 25.6lbs was caught last Friday off the rocks No Derby Ticket lol...no need for a boat if you don't have one ...I will be on the water Doing Cat Charters all weekend but the store will be Open we usally don't Open till 9am but might change that this weekend for your fellow Fisherman ...Best Bite has been 11 to 12noon till around Dark ..seems they don't turn on till the day warms up a little ...so to tell you all the truth there is no need to be on the water at day break...so Sleep in a little and get them arms ready for some Action ... :D

Fishmaster