Monster Simcoe Ice Perch Now! - Pics

Slayingm

As the ice fishing season winds down and I start thinking of getting the bassboat back out I have been fortunate to get a few more folks out onto Simcoe the past few days to take advantage of some of the best perch fishing this year for Simcoe Jumbo's where size is concerned. I have been working hard bottomed area's with no one else around for the past 3 weeks and the action has been great. 1 and 2lb test lines with Rapala jigging Raps and small flash spoons have been the ticket in landing a number of Perch over the 14" mark. I keep moving over subtle struction breaks in the 25 to 40' depths and the fish have been on big time.

Attached is just a couple of pics of some of the fish taken the past few days recently.....

GregJumbo1.jpg

RichBigRelease.jpgG

Although we still have lost of ice out there the intense sun is starting to break it down so if you plan on going out in the next week be careful out there.

Take care and be safe out there.... Greg.

Absolutely beautiful big, clean perch Greg. You're out there cause you're used to it. I never would well...because I'm too much of a chickenpoop. I know folks appreciate your posts showing your catches but I hope it doesn't encourage noobs to get out there on that ice.

Thanks for sharing.

excellent report, are you still going out by snowmobile? how thick is the ice?

GeorgeJ... Fisherman is right... its a Argo.... 8-wheel with custom heated hardtop... the ice is no longer safe on Simcoe even with my amphibious vehicle. I only have one more ice trip booked and will take my clients out to the Haliburton's on the weekend.

Steve:... re: GPS units....you got that right.... sure beats my early gig of 3-point alignments with marker buoy's and shoreline structure used years ago.