Who's got the best deals at the Sportsman Show?

tschirk

A lot of the fishing stores/booths are selling Gulp!Alive... buy 4 and get a free Gulp!Alive tackle bag to hold the containers...

Some with Lures 3 for $10 etc... Rod/Reel Combo's (as usual)...

Not too sure about the Curado200E7's or Shimano Compre Rods... wasn't in the market for new "artillery"...

I know the GRIMSBY TACKLE booth is having a sale on their ROD & REELS (no tax)..

Hope that helps.. any other questions, lemme know (I'll hopefully be able to recall what I saw there)...

oh man, I spent another $200 at the show - I swear, I won't need to buy anything for YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS!!!!!

I agree. Nothing special really. Picked up some Senkos at JBs. Buy 4 get one free @7.99 per pack............not bad. Picked up a couple of rods at LeBarons no tax, plus an extra 10% with my LeBarons card. Other than your usual clear outs, not much to be had. Not much traffic after 4:00PM in the isles.

I would recommend going to Le Baron. Although I not fond of their service. Their prices are the best I have found on Shimano stuff. Especcially with the NO TAX & CLUB DISCOUNT that they have at the Toronto stores this weekend. They have the same deal at the show, but inventory there might be limited.

Actually, It's buy THREE Gulp Alive containers and get the bag free at Pure Fishing. We got our three and hope they perform for us this summer.

Grimsby Tackle had the best price at the show - $17.99 per bucket.

Fishing World has a great price on a 9 foot trolling rod/ downrigger - Berekley Lightning rod original price $64.99 for half price - I looked really hard st this one, but decided it wasn't what I needed for a hand held trolling rod.

Some of the lure bins has some good - FishingWorld's 2 for $10.00 bin brought me a couple of Yo Zuri Pin Minnows for ten bucks and they had many others that caught our eye.

On the whole, the show seemed smaller, there appeared to be less boats, as the boats were tightly packed into that area. There seemed to be less junky stuff being hawked off the main area, lots of dog show stuff. The hunting area is growing and the bow shooting gallery was a hit for some.

After five and half hours of walking, we called it a day at 1630 hrs and headed back to Kingston.

We enjoyed what we saw and enjoyed the trolling seminar. It was nice to see Big Jim and say hi to him, he was doing the bass seminars also. What A Guy!!!!

I had a chance to say to hi to anumber of TV personalities and it's your chance to offer your opinion on their work.

Like all said, the prices were average no killer deals.. I see a few prices that were even higher then regular.

Gulp seems to be the going thing this year with everyone pushing it.

Smaller than last year and even some of the people that had great booths last year had scaled back this year. Sign of the times :)

looks like the free parking at ontario place is gone. They have parking stations there, I could have been free but in Toronto never take chances. It was only 5 buck and others were paying too.

Its a show, and a great time to see whats new :)