Pigeonfisher

misfish

You asked awhile back about wieght lose and got lots of input.Hope it,s going to your plan.

Just so you know,what Im doing is working,tread mill,crosstrainer and swimming plus some wieghts. Was a 40 waist last June,and now a 32 :D

Thats it for me.Im glad to have reached this and feel great.

Hope yer doing well with your loss.

Edited by misfish

Nice going, congratulations!

Did you made any changes with your eating habits as well? How many days/week you do your ritual.

Veggies friuts porage and turky and chicken and fish. Got hooked on this new whole grain pasta and rice.Great stuff,and has great flavor.The odd time we have red meat.Salty red meat.LOL

3 -4 days a week at the gym for an hour,some days I go 2,depending on the feeling.

It,s nice to have the pool right after the work out.

Edited by misfish

nice goin' brian

my 'success' isnt as dramatic but my goals were a bit different. i went from about a 34-36" waist to about a 32" while gaining 10-15lbs and a whole bunch on my lifts. diet and weights. it's not hard!

Did you follow a plan or just start eating those foods Brian?

No real plan J. The work out schedule was easy, as I did it way back in my younger days. :rolleyes:

As for the eating,just started eating more healtier foods and stop eating the deep fried stuff.No batter on the fish,whole grains.Ya know,the good stuff. Healthy fruit and veggie snaks instead of 2 or 3 chocolate bars and a bag of chip.

Oh and light beer.LOL

Well,

I am down 25lbs this year. I am hitting the gym 6 mornings a week for about a 37 minute workout. I say 37 minutes because that is how long my Jim Rome podcast goes for. Then I cool down for 5 minutes on the bike or the track. I hit the eliptical, bike and treadmill. I will start some weight training when I hit my goal weight. The target is 217, 13lbs to go. The activity target is a mini triathlon in september at the local state park! I need to get in the pool here at some point.

I have changed my eating habits some but I still eat! In fact I had a chicken wing buffet and beers on Wednesday night.

Over and above weight loss, which is a requirement from my health insurance carrier (to earn a $100 per month discount), I feel 100%!!! I have a ton of energy that I didn't know existed before.

If I was to buy new pants today they would be 38's down from 42's in December.

Eating habits are a big deal. I do eat smaller portions and a lot more fish. Don't let labels fool you. Know what you are eating.

Thanks for thinking of me. Next time I show up at a swill I won't be less of a F F. hahahahahaa

im just starting out eating healtier than i have been (coffee truck at work is a killer) ive started bringing a lunch to work so i know whats in it. im hoping to drop about 30 or so lbs. the knees take a beating at my current weight (about 255). doesnt help the asthma much either. good to see everyones progress....kinda kicks my butt into gear

im just starting out eating healtier than i have been (coffee truck at work is a killer) ive started bringing a lunch to work so i know whats in it. im hoping to drop about 30 or so lbs. the knees take a beating at my current weight (about 255). doesnt help the asthma much either. good to see everyones progress....kinda kicks my butt into gear

I have met a group at the gym I go to that I rely on to keep me honest. If I am not there they are asking questions. It helps to have a "team".

I don't exercise with them. but they are there everyday, like I am.

good luck man.

That is a dynamic that I have noticed at gyms over the years.If you go at the same time of day every day you see the same people.Its a bonding thing and they are relying on you to keep them honest also.Miss a few days and you will hear about it when you return.You are in good hands my friend.Congrats on your progress.You too Brian!

Joe

That is a dynamic that I have noticed at gyms over the years.If you go at the same time of day every day you see the same people.Its a bonding thing and they are relying on you to keep them honest also.Miss a few days and you will hear about it when you return.You are in good hands my friend.Congrats on your progress.You too Brian!

Joe

Joe,

I have a steam every morning with my counterpart from our closest competitor. hahahahhaa. I certainly can't let him see me fail.

The steam is something I enjoy, the sweat from the workout and the stuff that hasn't fit me for 10 years now fits.

Inspiration is only a mirror away...