Winter Project

Daplumma

Some of you have been asking for the pictures so here they are.

This is the same model and year that the bike started out as.

gallery_7_64_31477.jpg

This is not our bike,ours was much more torn up but I didn't take before pics.The bike was given to me by a freind and we tore it apart right off.We rebuilt the carbs(Art is now a whiz at multiple carb bike tuning)cut the frame down,replaced the bars,cut down the seat,installed different exhaust and fender,and powder coated and painted most of the parts.The list goes on but it was a lot of fun.Its not complete yet,there are a few more changes to be made but the major cutting and welding are done for the most part.Took it out for a road test today and was surprised at how fast this thing is.I was never much on jap bikes,especially custom ones but this was a fun,cheap project.Here are the pics to date.

gallery_7_64_39233.jpg

gallery_7_64_33726.jpg

gallery_7_64_16521.jpg

gallery_7_64_29648.jpg

gallery_7_64_35734.jpg

Joe

NICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCE! I was kinda expecting to see a blue Kawa? And whose horns are on the golf cart Bubba? Give us some more info please!

The 1979 Blue Kaw is still stock.Its in way too good of shape to hack up.This bike is a 1981 Yamaha 650 Maxim.The horns are mine,makes the cart faster.

Kawi and Yamaha makes a good bike Joe. Had a couple myself.

You going to ride that up here this summer. Stop by and we will head out on a tour.

Dont think I'll be riding that thing much farther than into town a few miles away.Not the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden,but it runs and sounds great.

Joe

Great work Joe and Art!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Y'all gonna get the tank airbrushed?... or stay with the "rat" look?... a couple Grateful Dead stickers wouldn't hurt anything! ;)

That "shortie" rear fender will double as a bidet if you get caught out in the rain with it!!! :P

How's than cantankerous old fart Pops doin'?

How's my Poodle?

Is Bex still lookin' as hot as the last time I saw her? :devil::whistling: ... you lucky son of a gun!!! :worthy:

Took it out for a road test today and was surprised at how fast this thing is.

Heh jetted with pipes that lump will pull any pushrod Hardley that is remotely stock.

Was going to say your plate placement is going to get you into trouble, then noticed you're from Va. Up here that would get you pulled over faster than riding without a helmet. Fun little ride.

Good work.. I had a nice kawasaki, till i got cut off at a light in NY and found myself airborne for 30 feet.... pretty much took the steam outta my relationship with motorcycles.