Lund boat covers

Roninramirez

We have recently purchased a 09 LUND Rebel 1625 xl ss and are considering in buying a Lund boat cover from a dealer. But have to sacrifice paying an arm and a leg.

There are after market boat covers that can be purchased a Bass Pro shop for a quarter of the amount of the Lund version.

Link : www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_90824____SearchResults

This model above has 6 year warranty

So we are wondering if anybody had any thoughts about which one would you recommend.

Thanks for taking the time to read are post.

P.s what can I expect to pay for a Lund sport trac boat cover.

Edited by Roninramirez

www.dufort.mb.ca is whom makes Lunds covers.

The snaps get screwed to 2 piece plastic sliders in the outside track. I assume the Rebel has the outside track as well as the inside track for rod holders etc. Think I have a pic of mine with cover on... I'll look for it.

Only pic I can find with the trailering cover on... no straps.. no fuss.. just snaps.

Edited by irishfield

Our Lund 1775 Classic came with a mooring cover .Useless to trailer with , but keeps things covered in the driveway.

Bought a cover from Wallmart last year on sale for $79. Works great , trailered to dryden and back last year .Bit of fussing with the straps and tiedowns but ..cost effective .

More money to spend of Muskie lures!

TB

If you want a great custom fit cover call the guy that made mine at Covers Unlimited in Brampton as he has the best material for the best price is his motto.

I am very happy as he did my 17'fishing boat.

Give him a call

just my thought"

I have a Polarkraft but it has the same cover system that Wayne is talking about and you cannot compare it to a generic cover. You can put it on in torrential down pour and go down the highway at 110 km?h and when you get to the lake take it off and every thing inside is bone dry. while all this is happening you are not taking the paint off the side of your boat from the flapping excess material. They also make a great overnight cover in bad weather at the dock.

Yes spend the extra money on the Lund cover I have the tiller model it comes with 2 support polls which keeps the rain off and out of the boat during a heavy downpour as mentionned by Taper.The two supports also have vents for air circulation.

What I like about this cover is that the snaps are moveable to be adjusted just unscrew slide and rescrew until you find the right position .The cover also fits well over the 4 sliding sport tracs.The cover moves very little in the wind compared to an after market cover.I had a $150 cover for my last boat a big tinny it ripped a few times during long trips.I know you can get a nice cover custom made but I doubt you will have enormous savings,This boat is basically the same layout as your Rebel.Mine is a 1660 Classic.

Pay now or pay later .Nice boat BTW enjoy.

IMG_1203JPGboatcover.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all!

I just bought a 2006 Lund 1625 classic ss. I have the inside track for rod holders, but not the outside track. I woul dlike to dock the boat this year and have a custom cover made to protect the boat from weather,sun etc... Do I have any options? I'm new to the boating community and would love any help you guys could offer. Thanks

If a factory cover isn't available, too expensive, etc.

Most of the custom fit guys can do a fantastic job. They just need the boat to do it.

I don't know where you're at, but I've had work done at Sew It All in Bridgenorth (705-292-0628) and he does excellent work at a reasonable price.

My Crestliner came with a factory "tie-down" trailering cover. I wanted something for at the dock and for just a couple hundred dollars, he adapted the cover, installed at least 40 snaps or so (screwed out of the way on the outside, bottom of the gunwales). The cover works great for both mooring and trailering (tie downs not required, the snaps hold it snug). The boat can be at the dock for weeks in countless rainstorms and not have a drop in the bilge.

• 3 years later...

Just saw this post while looking for info on how tight to stretch my lund protrak cover. I know it's an old post but...

Do you just snug the poles up until they are snug or do you push them up enough that you kind of

have to pull down a bit on the cover to attach the snaps?

Lund doesn't speak about cover tention in the manual :(

I got a custom travel cover with my princecraft.There are 3 telescopic poles that come with it. The cover has to be quite tite so the when you are on the highway, the cover doesnt baloon and become loose and start flapping.

For short runs, i dont bother with the cover at all.

Is yours a mooring cover, or a travel cover?

My 27 YEAR OLD Custom cover is just fine for trailering or mooring....but I no longer use it for mooring...(I let the poor bugger get rained on)..it has a rope that has bungy cords attached to snaps that keep it TIGHT all the time.....but I did have the canvas patched 2 years ago.....original cost $165......patch work an additional $85 (25 years later)......I guess I'm on the winning side of this game...... :thumbsup_anim:

My Lund Tyee 17.5 came with a factory cover that snaps on beautifully. Trouble is, it was very snug and always a challenge to snap on. It is 4 yrs old and is already failing due to UV damage. Doesn't take much to tear it.

My dealer can make a custom tarp that he says is better material for less than a new Lund tarp and he will make it a little less snug.

I will take him up on it some day. Don't know $

peter