Average Joe Bass Tournaments

nancur373

Some of the local resorts on Rice Lake have bass and walleye derbies during the season. Small entry fee, money for top spots and big bass. Followed by some poker tournaments. As they come up I will let you know.

Dirk....

How come OFNcommunity.com doesn't hold any fishing tournaments/fund raisers of their own? There's more then enough people interested on this site alone. And I'm sure there are people willing to take the time to set them up.

Just a thought, but it could be fun. :whistling:

Isnt there a giant toury going on right now? lol

Just get some people on the board to donate prizes or something to the biggest fish, winning team ect, if you wanna make it seem more real.

Edited by xeon

Hey guys. Is there a site out there outlining bass tournaments in GTA or southern Ont. areas? Ones where the cost of the entry doesn't have to be hidden from the wife. lol. I'd like to get into a few this year.

Thanks,

Curt

Curt, check out CBAF(.ca) as there may be a club close to you. I'm a member and I had a great time last year! You meet new/great people and learn a lot out on the water too!

both of these sites can drive you to a local club, you ll have to make a decision on where to go.....

http://www.bigfatbass.com/

http://www.cbaf.ca/

I havnt fished the bass clubs in 2 years but the cbaf is a small membership to join ( like 60 bucks or so ) of which you ll get a sub to flw magazine etc..

Most tournaments are 60 to enter and as a non boater there is a set fee in the 40 to 50 or so range

Bottom line where can you spend 100 bucks to go get into a 50 k boat in some cases fish all day with someone who can fishfor bass hook fish and at the end of the day even make a few bucks

How come OFNcommunity.com doesn't hold any fishing tournaments/fund raisers of their own? There's more then enough people interested on this site alone. And I'm sure there are people willing to take the time to set them up.

Just a thought, but it could be fun. :whistling:

Where were you on Valentines Day ?

Don't tell me you didn't hear about the OFC Fishing for Tyler Event ???

Out in Niagara there are always friendly little one day derbies or fish offs going on. There is one Saturday on the ice at Martindale pond for heart and stroke.

The Peter Lee Memorial next month in Port Dalhousie.

There's the Gals and Pals events

I usually try to put on at least one "Brag & Batter" day with a potluck and fry to end off.

Etc, etc...........