a couple nice fish from today

trapshooter

We've had some really stable weather lately... a high pressure system that settled in and gave us clear skies and cold temps. The fishing has suffered from it this week so today we decided to switch it up and try a lake we hadn't been on in more then a month. Minnitaki lake is part of the Abram, Pelican and Lac Seul system. It's a massive lake it its own right that holds walleye, pike and lake trout.

The action was still on the slow side, but I had a couple of nice ones come up today.

This guy hit my jig on the way down. I watched it chase on the flasher then my line stopped. Hook set, game on.... this isn't a walleye I'm thinking.

IMGP0376.JPG

IMGP0378.JPG

Pretty fun on the walleye gear.

We were jigging on a hump and I was on the shallowest part at 19'. I had on a jigging rap tipped with a minnow. I had just caught a nice eater and dropped back down. jig-jig-jig... big red band on the flasher... raise it up... follow.. hold still.... bang, she hits it. Slammed the hook set and knew right away it wasn't a small one.

Sure was glad to see this girls big head pop up the hole B)

IMGP0387.JPG

Fished a bit more with nothing else and packed it in when the sun dipped below the trees. Another good day in NW Ontario.

She went right back down the hole, after a couple of pictures. I release all walleye over 18". Anything bigger, I don't consider good table fare. Also, a walleye over 18" is a prime spawner.

I agree with you there Ben nice to see others concerned with the spawners :clapping:

I prefer in the 2-4 pound range for the table :thumbsup_anim: