Fishing show today

GBW

Fisrt off, thank you T.J. for the tickets! My wife, kid's and I went this morning and had a good time. Pete Maina did I great job and of course it reminded me that you need to test your new toys just to see what they do in the water. Dave Mercer had the best time to present (just as the bar opened) so he had fun with the crowd while going over his tips. I wish I could have stayed for the meet, greet & bleep @ 1:00 but the kid's just couldn't last that long. Too bad as I REALLY wanted to see what Pete had ready for T.J. at 1:00... If there was a "salmon" coloured hat there from me from Pete let me know. Dave sorry I had to miss the free swag but maybe next time...

If you are looking for a boat then I would try and get there. I was shocked to hear my wife say "I like that one" and point at a nice new Ranger! I was like "yeah, you're ok if I get a boat like that?" and she said YES, in time...

I saw some pink hat wearing dudes funny that was but nothing competed with Dave Mercer's effort ( successful I gotta add) at spilling my beer out as I laughed over his poop story...that had to be one of the funniest things I heard...dave you owe me a beer for the laugh lol

I had a great time, i was like a kid in the candy store! had to be in guelph for 2 pm so i ran off, but was super to meet some OFC'S and thanks TJ,PETE,DAVE and the fish tv guys were very cool and really easy to talk with...

SO WHAT DID YOU BUY GUYS AND GALS??????????????????? some super deals , some not so great.

Edited by BUSTER

I couln't make it for Saturday but did get there Friday afternoon/night. I quite enjoyed the show. I saw some good prices on some stuff, some not so good prices on other stuff. Nice selection of boats and a good representation of everything else from a-z. Guest speakers were great also. Wasn't very busy last night which was kinda nice. Had all the attention I wanted from various vendors/rep's . Didn't leave too much money there, but I did get some good information and ideas .

Thanks TJ for the tickets. My wife and I had a great time.

I was there yesterday from 11-4 and it was about the quietest I think I've ever seen the show, but it made it nice for wandering around . We took a break at 1:30 and sat in on the Pete Maina seminar & that was excellent

The only thing I picked up was another 13" Double Cowgirl with the twin #13 blades for $36 but other than that, there wasn't too much I needed.

Good show.

I just got back for the show and to be honest, it wasn't worth the $12.00 admin fee.. Over priced tackle and if it wasn't for all the guest speaker, What else was there... I looked at the couple lures for ice fishing and thought I would check out BPS on my way back home.. Lures at the show were $6.99 and at BPS they were $4.85.. Like I said, over priced garbage....

Last years show was much better than this one..

Just my observation

Tiz

Seems bly and I just missed you at the show. We didn't show up there until about 11:30ish.

Deals are starting to be a thing of the past. I've talked to some of the retailers there and by the time they pay for their booth at the show, they are lucky if they even break even on it. Too bad really.

The only bad deal I saw was the prices at the snack bar. They must be insane if they think anyone is gonna pay $3.50 for a lousy bottle of water and I decided I'd go thirsty before I payed that.

It's too bad when they put on a good show, but then try to gouge people in other ways :dunno:

Right up there with having a charity event today and having the local authorities come by and slap $40 parking tickets on cars Lew.

I've never looked at these fishing shows as a "deal finder", but as a "networking"... fact seeking kinda thing.

Edited by irishfield

I'm with ya Lew on the prices for food and drinks, CRAZY cash grab... My kid's did try the pond but with all the much bigger kid's pushing around to get in the fish's face it just wasn't fun for us. I just wish I could have made the 1:00 M/G&B to see what Pete had in store for T.J. today... I didn't get any toys today as there was nothing I was in need of right now either...

I bought two Adia 20/30 spinning reels. Not sure what they're worth but I got two for 30 bucks. Then later I saw another booth selling them and they wanted 40 for a pair. I told him and he said I was wrong. I showed him the reciept and he didn't take kindly to that......whatever.

Curt

First time at the show and I was ok with it I guess.... Meeting Dave Mercer and having him involve us in his seminar was worth the show to me hahah Any ways, I didn't find any good deals I thought on rods and reels ... I bought some baits and what not... But I honestly saved m money and headed to BPS after the show and I bought a TONNE of stuff.

First time being there.... the show was a lot smaller than I expected... but at the same time... better than anything I had been to... So overall it was a good time.

If I don't catch any fish with the stuff I caught today then I should give it up haaha !