That may leave a mark...

Greencoachdog

... have you got that Bean Soup recipe perfected yet?... how do you do that with cold water anyway???

Never mind fingering that out seeing as how we all are going to the Tyler event today...My ride "Big Cliff" can't make it this year so I'm sitting here waiting for daylight before I take off...

that was pretty funny, the guy knew it might bite him...lucky he got off with just that :o

There's been the odd big snapping turtle hanging out at my dock in the summer I wouldn't want to tangle with....have had a few nice walleye eaten off my stringer as well...be sitting around camp having a few brews, hear a big comotion down at the dock, go down to find only the head of my fish left, or just in time to see the turtle trying to run of with my fish. :angry:

That's when it's time for turtle soup JWL :lol:

But seriously there are a pair in a local pond here that are huge, and I'm always watching my son when fishing from shore.

I'll never forget getting grabbed by one when I was young and looking through the hole it left in my thumb and seeing daylight :o

Edited by smokin joe

I wonder if anyone has tried to lip one of them there things............. :dunno::wacko: :wacko:

With the second strongest bite in the animal kingdom (1500 psi) I don't think so!

I've caught more than my share of those ill tempered boogers while catfishin' (they love chicken livers and cut bait!)

You learn very quickly to handle them with care (I've never been been bitten), some folks would rather kill them than run the risk of being bitten while unhooking one... but I respect wildlife more than that.

1. when you get the ill mannered booger to shore, step gently on it's tail to keep it from lumbering around!

2. to remove the hook, apply firm pressure on the fishin' line to extend turtles head beyond the shell!

3. grasp turtles neck behind the head with your free hand, then remove the hook with a pair of pliers while holding turtle firmly by the neck!

4.most important!!! Pull on turtles neck until it is fully extended from the shell!!! Keep pressure on afore mentioned neck, then quickly let go... your hand will recoil back towards you and the turtles head will recoil back towards the shell... but!!! the jaws will be snapping at your hand like a flamenco dancers castonets!!!... but with your hand pulling back towards you and the turtles head pulling back towards the shell... all he gets is a big mouthfull of air!!! ;)

5.gently lift your foot from the tail and he'll find his own way back to the water!

With the second strongest bite in the animal kingdom (1500 psi) I don't think so!

lol thats not enough close to the strongest bite in the animal kingdom.

human - 120psi

lion - 600psi

hyena and snapping turtle - 1000psi

saltwater croc - 3000psi

looks like a west nile is the highest ever recorded at 6000+ psi

"He tested the device again on a 18-foot wild male Nile croc, in the wild, unrestrained, that was brumating in a den on an African river bank to escape the daytime heat, by actually crawling down the burrow himself! That animal managed, with a single bite, to exert a pressure of over SIX THOUSAND pounds per square inch, making it the most powerful bite of any animal, ever rec"

I remember watching a fishing show ( I think Roland Martin) where the two Southern good-ole-Boys would walk bare foot in the swamp prodding with a broomstick. When they felt one, they would step on it, put their hand down to feel where the head/tail was, then lift it up by the tail. When it was Rolands time to lead it was funny how nervous he was.

Didnt YOUR DADDY TEACH YOU NOT TO PUT YOUR FINGERs WHERE YOU WOULDNT PUT YOUR PECKER

Edited by holdfast