More perchin

bigugli

After listening to all that good time music this morning, I just knew it was gonna be a great day for fishing. So I loaded my kit in the van and had the chauffeur dump me at the local pond Where I would meet some friends. It did not take long to zero in on a good spot with a school pushing past our offerings every 15 minutes. We'd get 3-4 in quick succession then wait for the next attack. That went on for the next 8 hours. Many of the perch were cookie cutter fish in size and shape.

Rockfish and his best of the day:

DSCN2325.jpg

A few white perch that came to play

DSCN2326.jpg

The next group of dinner guests

DSCN2327.jpg

Of the 70 or so fish that were caught, 20 were kept

Good job Bruce :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Tell me, what's the bait of choice for them guest of yours?

Have you tried Gulp fish fry yet?

Jacques

Shinners and small pond chubs. Haven't tried the Gulp fry yet. The local store doesn't carry it. Might get some at the Fishing Show

Shinners and small pond chubs. Haven't tried the Gulp fry yet. The local store doesn't carry it. Might get some at the Fishing Show

Live shinners or small chubs really works great!! Keep them reports coming :thumbsup_anim:

Hope you can get one at the show and try it out.... that stuff is lethal :lol:

Are white perch the same thing as white bass? They look quite similar to the ones I catch on Lake Ontario

Not exactly, White Perch aren't really even a Perch, they're of the Temperate Bass family.

White Perch and White Bass are cousins (with the White Bass being the bigger of the two) and have been know to hybridize with each other.

White Perch= Morone americana

White Bass= Morone chrysops

Edited by GCD

Think Bruce has still been out in the slush the last couple days and trying the hard water. :canadian:

The main difference between White Perch and White Bass (usually called "silvers") is that the Silver's 2 dorsal fins are not connected and the White Perch dorsals are connected. Not too sure on how they taste as compared to Yellow's cuz when u go to Bruce's fish frys, everything is covered in beer batter and everything taste good. :thumbsup_anim:

:Gonefishing: