Floater suit

Lowe Rider

Canadian Copper has invited me ice fishing in a couple of weeks so I started going through my pops ice fishing equipment. There is a Mustang Floater suit that was in a vacum bag. When the bag was opened it smelled a little moldy, it doesn't look to bad, so can I just wash it and let it hang dry or is she toast?

I also found a few ice fishing rods, an old wood tip-up and a nasty looking homemade gaff that looks like a huge treble hook. The line needs to be replaced on the rods and tip-up, any recomondations?

Chris.

hey chris dont throw it out . :blink: ...go to a laundrymat and put it in one of those real big industrial washers and put it through do not dry it hang it up i have washed mine several times and it wont hurt it at all,i spilled oil on my suite once and thought it was toast but after 3 washes it was almost gone...so go for it.no i was mine at least once a season....hope this helps cheers :thumbsup_anim:

Just a safety note ... if I am not mistaken the mustangs have a 'life' as far as flotation goes ... around 5 years I believe ... be real careful .. cause a survival suit that doesnt float .. becomes an anchor ....

A buddy of mine tested his and sank STRAIGHT to the bottom .... it was a good thing this was summer-time in shallow water (read the instructions/labels)