People in Hamilton and Area

Gerritt

Binbrook Reservoir Open for Ice Fishing

January 26th, 11:17 AM

Just and FYI you can now icefish Binbrook... Pike, Bass and pickeral are Catch and Release.. Crappie are Catch and Keep as they are trying to thin out the crappie numbers.

for more info click below.

http://www.glanbrookconservation.on.ca/binbrook.html

Anyone interested in an outing?

Gerritt

Binbrook Reservoir Open for Ice Fishing

January 26th, 11:17 AM

Just and FYI you can now icefish Binbrook... Pike, Bass and pickeral are Catch and Release.. Crappie are Catch and Keep as they are trying to thin out the crappie numbers.

for more info click below.

http://www.glanbrookconservation.on.ca/binbrook.html

Anyone interested in an outing?

Gerritt

Is there carp in there?

I do believe there is although I have never caught one.

I just got off the phone with them (Conservation Authority) and was told on average 5.5" of good solid black ice. Crappie are being caught and alot of slabs have been taken. he also informed me it is still only 3.50 per day per person. You can fish from 8am - Dusk. portable huts are allowed. however you can rent one, but it is suggested you reserve one as they are limited.

Gerritt.

"Approximately 9000 carp were also removed from the upper weir area to assist in establishing vegetation, controlling sedimentation and balancing the fish population towards more sports fish (1997). Monitoring of the fish populations was also necessary to determine the success and best top sport fish. To ensure the stocked fish can establish a healthy population, a moratorium has been placed on pike, large and smallmouth bass since 1997, where catch and release is only permitted on these species."

I would assume there would still be some?

Gerritt.

Funny you posted about Binbrook Gerritt... I was supposed to meet a couple of friends there this morning, They of course cancelled and I was too lazy to go myself... I`d be willing to meet up next weekend

Haven`t fished Lake Niapenco in a long time..

Doug

thanks gerritt,i went on the website and checked it out that would be a great place to take the wife/kids to get them into ice fishing :thumbsup_anim: it sounds like a great little place to fish,with lots of panfish to keep you very busy i wish i wasnt so far away i might want to try it one day....cheers :Gonefishing: