Scugog report (late)

stasbrute

Well got out on the Gog last Sunday, fished away from the crowds (thanks for the tip Brad). Typical daytime results, small perch, John did get a nice Jumbo though. Hmmm what else, oh yes we had a visit from Durham regional, friendly cops. The evening bite was great (for me) got 4 nice fish. It was a great day for my first outing of 09 John, Uncle Mike and I had a nice outing, and the fish tasted great!

DSC03423.jpg

DSC03421.jpg

DSC03431.jpg

DSC03424.jpg

Hey -- quick question....what's the Durham Cop's take on beer on the ice? Assuming that's what you're drinking in the pics....I love a couple cold ones while I'm out there....just not sure if it's entirely legal...liquor-out-of-residence and all that...nice fish btw! :D

Thankyou for the complements, the headless fish, well there is a story behind that, but its a secret. The cops were good guys because all we had was a couple of beers for after lunch and they could have been jerks and fined us (lectured us instead) drinking on the ice is fun, however is quite illegal. The one cop even ran to one of our still lines as we got a bite, you could tell he was an icefisherman (probably drinks beer on the ice too).

The one cop even ran to one of our still lines as we got a bite, you could tell he was an icefisherman (probably drinks beer on the ice too).

Too funny....

sounds like a perfect 1st trip out...even avoided going to jail!

Nice day, good company, fish for supper...good stuff

thanks for sharing.

Thanks again everyone, the best thing about all of is I promised my father-in-law, who is very ill and has zero appetite (and loves walleye(who doesnt)), a good feed of fish. Needless to say he was very happy and very full after I delivered said fish, we both were.