temagami eyes

centerpin_drift

I had to work night shift all week so im a little late getting my post up, but here she is..

Sunday we hit the lake late in the morning, but managed to make up for lost time after hitting the honey hole right away.. While fishing for walleye we managed a whitey, a couple lakers and our limit on eyes. The ice up the north arm is still pretty thin, only 5 inches compared to the 22 inches at the central hub.. We fished 40-45 fow off my favorite rockslide and of course we wernt dissapointed. Previously I had taken many many clients up the north arm to hit my walleye spots, sometimes having up to 25 people that were staying at our lodge cramped onto the rockslide waiting for the walleye bite, but this weekend was a rarerity in having the hole to ourselfs.

Long story short we hit close to 30 walleye in the 2 afternoons we fished there,some were of good size, with a couple nice lakers thrown into the mix.

009.jpg

this is the first walleye ive seen with a blue tint on its tail fin

016.jpg

018.jpg

Im headin back up to north bay this weekend to hit some specks and splake on back lakes with my cousin, should be a good weekend to do some fishing.

315.jpg

the walleye were hitting on numerous things; on the first night i used a small williams green eye jigging spoon and got 7, lots dozens, second night i went with the traditional green jig head tipped with a large minnow through the mouth out the top of the head. My buddy was catching whitefish, lakers and walleye out of the same hole with a brown minnow buckshot spoon, and my cousin stuck with the pink jighead tipped with a minnow hooked through the back and always a stinger hook, most of her fish were caught on the stinger. The walleye up there will bite almost anything though, i caught one with a green glow badboy with a grub tail fishing for whiteys, i watched one of my clients catch her first walleye on a hot pink blue fox vibrex spinner (its what she wanted to use ICE FISHING). anything from the pimple to williams to jig heads will catch a temagami eye when the bite is on.