Beats The Snow NF

JohnF

I escaped. New Years Day we headed south and here's where we ended up. Now I'm stuck here for a few more weeks. Here's a shot of the view from our balcony.

cancun2.jpg

And here's a view up the beach from the top of our building.

Cancun1.jpg

We're just a few miles from the Cancun airport at a resort called the Royal Mayan. Last week we were next door at the Royal Caribbean. I've been scouting for fishermen on the beach so I could make this fishing related, but so far I've been distracted by those beach bimbettes cavorting topless. There may well have been fishermen - but who cares. :clapping:

More manana, or perhaps a few days.

JF

i dont believe you, we'll need pics!!! :devil:

Most of them are surrounded by large hairy guys with muscles and tattoos. No way I'm wagglin' a camera at 'em like PB smallmouths. I might lose a critical part of my anatomy.

JF

I feel sorry for you John, you missed having to shovel out the driveway and the snowplow's dumping before driving off to work yesterday morning. It must be awful hard on your eyes too with all those topless girls running around the beach! Geesh! You're going to come home blind! You should have stayed home and let me take you're place I don't mind the punishment of having to deal with sand in my shoes, bulging eyeballs, :blink: sunstroke or having to get my drinks at a pool side bar, honestly I'm tough :stretcher: and I can take the abuse! :whistling:

Have a good time, I look forward to more pictures and reports. :thumbsup_anim:

Hey John !!! PISS OFF ! lol

Carlos and Charlies still there????? If so ... make sure you leave lots of tip or you'll get beat over the head with a baton before you can make the cab door !

I'm not sure it is. It was here when we started coming 14 years ago but a lot of things changed after the big hurricane a coupla years back. I'll watch for it on the next Walmart (beer) run.

JF

You've been there for a week, and haven't gone fishing yet??? Your missing out on first ice too.......

Supposed to be good fishing there right now eh.......git 'er done!!!

Sinker

We saw a guy standing out in the surf this afternoon. It looked like he was handlining for something. I meant to catch him when he came back to the beach to ask what he was doing but he snuck past me. Too many damned distractions on the beach.

JF

Nice! :thumbsup_anim:

That first pic is so perfect that it doesn't even look real. I had to click on it and look closely make sure it wasn't some kind of architectural mock-up/model. lol

awesome.

The entire place is like that - manicured. And there's a huge reverse osmosis system so we drink tapwater on the resort. Perhaps I'll send some more pics to Photobucket and share 'em before we leave. I'd recommend this place to anyone, and often do. It's actually very reasonable, has excellent restaurants, and great accommodations. You can rent a 2 bed 2 bath villa for between $1,000 and $1,500/week and there are last minute airfares to Cancun in the $300-400 range, some even lower. Happy hour runs from 3 to 6 at all the pools and on the beach. I bought canned beer (Superior) at Walmart for 50 cents a can. Not my fave Mexican brew but for 50 cents it ain't bad. If you come to Mexico avoid the new outta luck lime flavoured beer. It's kinda nasty. With limes selling at pennies per pound it's much nicer to use fresh lime if that's yer druthers.

It's always fun when the coconuts ripen in the pool area. Workmen come out and cut them down before they fall and crack a customer's skull. Then they use their machete to cut the end off and drink the milk. If you're close by they'll offer them around.

JF

Well John....I for one.....would like to put a motion on the table....that you immediately stop posting these offensive and disgusting photos of places that I am not able to visit!

If this is how you choose to fritter your own life away.....while we good Canadians stay here and freeze our arses off....then at least have the decency to take us along with you next time!

Looks like a nice place! Enjoy!