Any hare hunters out there?

misfish

Numbers. We have had some great success on our fav. properties the past few years. This year the number of hare dropped, but the yote population in those areas boomed. Which in turn ruined the hare population. I hope you have fun on you first outing, the walk, fresh air, scenery, and If lucky your first hare. Have fun and good luck.

Daniel

the walk, fresh air, scenery

The best part of the hunt,a bunny is a bonus.

for years I have been hunting a little triangle of .....never mind

Just follow yer little nose my friend.LOL

Edited by misfish

Good for now but make sure you quit come spring when they're expecting babies....

"Ya'll would'nt want to shoot an Ingrown hare now would you"

Now that's the 2nd time I run this one---nothing 1st time---I'm thinkin a lack of sick sense of humour.

Bushart

I've gotten out every weekend for the past month. .22 and snares. This year was my first season snaring and i'd say that's the best way to get #'s. It also a great way to spend the day. We've got over 3 feet of snow in the bush up here so setting up snares while trying to negotiate a dense forest is an all day affair......and totally worthwhile.

Here's a shot from the end of December.

IMG_1227proof.jpg

Geez I didnt think anybody used snares that much anymore. Had a bushlot my Dad and I set snares in when I was a teenager----did all right, usually stopped setting them out mid January.

Not into it so much now----dont "really" need the meat----get turned off on the whole experience. Maybe its just me getting mellow, just doesnt seem like the most humane way to harvest a couple.

Where Im heading to, is some pretty thick cover and lots of pines. I like to walk a bit then sit. The ones I have shot for some reason ,just hop right to me. I find it like deer hunting. Just sit and watch take a walk. I dont have a dog ,so this seems to work for me. The biggest prob will be the little buggers are white now.LOL

I,ll be sure to post some pics,weather it be furry animals or just some scenery.

Not into it so much now----dont "really" need the meat----get turned off on the whole experience. Maybe its just me getting mellow, just doesnt seem like the most humane way to harvest a couple.

I use my shot gun Rat.870 mag. I just like to get out and walk. If I get one, it make for a nice treat on the table. Im not heavy into it,but it,s something I like to do a couple times a season.

Average daily temps here are in the -25 range with early mornings seeing the -30's. I just can't sit that long at those temps. Snaring allows me to keep moving and work through different areas and see all the interesting things that go on. Up until the new year I also carried the .22 for grouse. Lots of grouse up here! After 4-5 hours you turn around and head back to check your snares...usually with a few birds as well.

Dont get me wrong, I did my share of hunting bunnies with a shotgun. Put the guns away years ago, too many restrictions. One of the best spots I hunted on a regular basis got caught up when they extended the city limits to include the property I used. Have fond memories of going in there on a frosty fall/winter day and put up bunnies just about everywhere you went.

2 minutes of giggling and then I realized what your post was really about.

Ya I was there tooo.. sorry.... I cant spell, and had to look it up.

I was snowshoeing the day before yesterday and took notice of way more bunny (hare) tracks than normal.. if i had to guess I say on the upswing up here... mayhaps, Ill get Avery to go snare a couple for the BBQ.... thanks for the good idea'er

We took the boys out last week to bunny hunt... It was a great day with many bunnies seen, however only one brought home for the table.

The boys had a great time, mostly laughing at their mom as she continually tripped over brush landing on her behind.

These are moments that make memories that will last a lifetime.

Icefishingsimcoejan4003.jpg