Hunting

zman

Hello everyone Happy New Year

Well I have decided to get my hunting Licence next week , and I was woundering if anyone would recommend a good gun store with allot of knowledge, I live in Guelph and I don't mind driving anywhere as long as the service is good, I will be looking at shotguns probably with interchangable barrels, one for bird and one for deer.

http://www.lanzshootingsupplies.com/

Lanz is right on the silverdale gun range so you can site it in right there.

St Annes/Smithville.

Also Erie Tracker in Port C. They're popular because they have good service.

I thought one of the biggest gun movers was a store in your area :dunno:

Kitchener I believe.

Hey don't buy cheap. get something recommended. I bought the mossberg 500 combo and I'm not very happy with the shot pattern or noise of the pump mechanism. Should have listened and spent another $150 bucks.

Edited by chilli

locally for Guelph I would recommend Shooters Choice Kitchener and Fishing World Hamilton. SC has a website which they do list the used firearms.

Last time I was out at Gagnon in Oshawa, they had a good selection of used shotguns.

I get most of my firearms/ammo from gagnons. They have an online gun shop on thier website.

You can't go wrong with a Remington 870 combo for a shotgun set up. I wouldn't trade mine for any other shotty!! She justs keeps on going!

Sinker

How I gun shop:

If im impressed with the stores customer service, and they made time for me, even if its busy... sale.

If they try to rush things, dont value you as a customer, dont know what their talking about, or dont seem convincing... hmmm ill have to come back next week. aka SIR.

Hey don't buy cheap. get something recommended..

my stevens 200 (made by savage) 22-250 shoots under 1" groups at 100 yards and its only $300 brand new. :thumbsup_anim:

as to buying the actual GUNS (bet you cant have just one) id visit any gun shop to find what you like and then order from SIR/cabelas or wholesale sports. even with shipping you will save quite a bit of money most the time. if you arent concerned about saving $$$, support the little guys.

for your first shotgun, id get an 870 express super mag combo. comes with a 26" smooth bore and a 20" fully rifled barrel to shoot sabots. mine has been through hell and hasnt let me down yet. it also shoots 2 1/2" groups at 125 yards :thumbsup_anim: and can be had for under $600. buy a weaver side mount so you cant use a scope with the slugs to get the guns full potential.