Smallies On Ice + Great Northern pikes!

Fishing 24/7

Iv waitted ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL week and it finnaly happened!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

My favorite pike lake was on the menu and we didnt waste any minutes .

Rendez-Vous @ 9am. In monster pike Bay!

paul (whitespinnerbait) mike and i set up our lines and it didnt take 10 minutes befor we landed this beautifull BRONZE BACK!

IMG_0328.jpg

NOTE: bass are legal in quebec on ice!

I yell to mike ON YOUR LEFT the tip up right on his left went down and he didnt see it! :wallbash:

2-3 minutes after fish comes back ... just a light bite but with a nice result! :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

mike was getting all the action when sudenly pauls turn!(lets hope he's going to post his pictures)

he caught 3- 4 pikes and half a dozen bass.!

i was out jigging but the bite was slow on the jig... they wanted dead minnows!

put the jigging rod down now its my turn!

me and mike had shared 5 tip ups and paul had put up 4 and his jigging rod...

so we had 10 tip-ups spreaded out.... Give the fish a chance you say? we only practive C&R anyways! :Gonefishing:

only the ones that are hooked deep. we keep .

TIP-UP goes down........................ RUN! slip BASH MY KNEE on some ice but i still landed the fish!

the head shakes were light. BASS.... HOG!

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

maneged some pike too! Iv never seen the fish this active in my ice fishing career! :worthy:

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Then its lunch time.......i seem to have a lunch curse! everytime i go to eat a sandwich and take a 5 minute brake.......FISH ON!!!

But this time a double header!:w00t:

In this picture mike is ''showing off'' the colors of the smallies!

IMG_0314.jpg

After a while the locals came to see what the action was all about!(Whitespinnerbaits friends)

he had brought the whole gang with him so we decided that the next 3- 4 fish they could get into the action!

WELL!!!!!!!!!!! this is where it gets GOOOOOOOOD!

tip-up goes down. we tell the kids RUN! RUN ! RUN! they look at us like we are crazy! but one smart little girl ran!

and she caught a fish that she never knew was in her OWN LAKE! The biggest pike of the day !! 10 LBS +

IMG_0332.jpg

TWAS a hell of a Great day to be out. SUNNY COLD WINDY! The best!!!!!

24/7

Edited by fishing 24/7

Great report and pics Kev :thumbsup_anim:

WOW.... some nice looking bronze back and nice gators :thumbsup_anim: Congratulations :clapping:

Sorry I could not join you guys today.... my aunt passed away christmas eve and today was the funeral :(

I did manage to go to lac Leamy for an hour and half and try for something.... while jigging, caught two small perch on a swedish pimple B)

The wind was so brutal this afternoon that 1 hour 1/2 was all I could take :w00t: By the time I got to the car, I couldn't feel my hands anymore :wacko:

Again good job you guys and thanks for sharing

Jacques

Edited by Leechman

Great report and pics Kev :thumbsup_anim:

WOW.... some nice looking bronze back and nice gators :thumbsup_anim: Congratulations :clapping:

Sorry I could not join you guys today.... my aunt passed away christmas eve and today was the funeral :(

I did manage to go to lac Leamy for an hour and half and try for something.... while jigging, caught two small perch on a swedish pimple B)

The wind was so brutal this afternoon that 1 hour 1/2 was all I could take :w00t: By the time I got to the car, I could feel my hands anymore :wacko:

Again good job you guys and thanks for sharing

Jacques

...darn jaques .....my deepest sympathy for your aunt!......

nice to see you still manedged to get out fishing!!!!

dont loose that swedish pimple . your going to need it for those WHITIES!!!!

lets hope the ice on that lake gets thicker.

did oyu get new blades for you hand auger????

Edited by fishing 24/7

...darn jaques .....my deepest sympathy for your aunt!......

nice to see you still manedged to get out fishing!!!!

dont loose that swedish pimple . your going to need it for those WHITIES!!!!

lets hope the ice on that lake gets thicker.

did oyu get new blades for you hand auger????

Thanks Kev.....

no did not get new blades for my auger but managed to brake one of the studs that holds the blades :wallbash: Luckily my ice spoon has a chisle at the end of the handle and was able to break the 3" of ice out of an old hole.... only use my jigging rod today..... travelled light :D

Fantastic day of ice-fishin guys !!!!. :whistling::clapping: .some real bruisers there,great pics of the fish & the wildlife as well,the area looks very scenic too !!!! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

THANX alot fishingdevil you always give out positive comments! :clapping:

by the looks of it. almost everybody gives out great feed back! :thumbsup_anim:

thanx alot guys! :worthy:

Great report Amigos. Are you fellas going to be out this week? Have two days planned for big pike and smallies on that lake with Anthony and a few freinds. Was thinking of starting at Mud Bay and try out a few other locations How deep are you finding the smallies? Thanks Kev

Good fishing.

Edited by tip-up

Great report Amigos. Are you fellas going to be out this week? Have two days planned for big pike and smallies on that lake with Anthony and a few freinds. Was thinking of starting at Mud Bay and try out a few other locations. How deep are you finding the smallies?

Good fishing.

tip-up.

i suggest you hit the place where you were catching the pike late in the falls...

iv found out that pike are territorial and will not move from there last spot in LATE falls.

we were RIGHT over a salad bar mixed with some angel hair weed bed. put the minnow right above the bed not IN!

the smallies were @ the weed lines IN 20 - 25 FOW.

its the first time we fished this lake early like this last year the samllies were in 30 - 40 FOW. off a rocky point drop off.

im thinking they go deeper as the ice fishing goes.

hope you gets some on the jigging rods. i jigged all day without anything. BIG DEAD SHINNERS was the key.

give them time to swallow the bait and you will have success.!

your a better jigger than me so tell me what happens after your outting. id love to get some info off of you.

IE: what was working what dept and what not. i know its diff. from lake to lake but still good to know!

Keep me updated!

great report once again.

great nature pict w.s.... :thumbsup_anim: .

i taugh you were on lake leamay yesterday saw 2 guys there ouest side.off the lake. but was to far to see if they were or not...but saw something like that hydro suit there.. :whistling: .

but that x lake sher guive you guys some action.

thanks to share.

joco

Leechman . my condoleance for you and your familly for your aunt. :( .

so mabe it was you i saw around 12 on lake leamy saturday...ouest side.?

later see you all soon on ice.

joco