Lucky Craft Lures

mattyk

Matt I have bought only one. I must say they are a good bait.I also have a mega bass lure which I bought used off Ebay from China.They are another great bait.I think I like the mega bass lure better,IMO.

Dont know why they are so pricy though(the lucky crafts).

Maybe one of the lure savy guys can tell us why?

There are a few things about lucky craft lures that set them apart from most other cranks.

• They Will Run True at Fast Speeds
  • Their Trebles and Split Rings are Top Notch (i use them for salmon without many issues)
  • They can be ran at an ultra slow speed, and there is still some pretty good action to them
  • many are weighed for long distance casting

Are they worth the money? Probably not worth filling a massive box full of them. But they have found their way into my mix of tackle.....for staging kings off bronte, a friend of mine did very well with them.

Does any body have experience with lucky craft lures? Are they worth the money? I picked up a few and can't wait to give em a try.

Mattyk,

They have helped me win a few thousand $'s in Pro-Bass tournament and are great lures.... .that said, dont' plan on using them on lakes with Muskie and Pike.... it can get quick expensive! :D

....Greg.

Thanks all for your replies. The bass guys that i've talked to down here in Kentucky love them and swear by them. The top fish predators in most the lakes down here are bass, so I dont have to worry about bite offs. Its when i come back to ontario and fish and have to worry about those pesky pike and muskies, ha ha.

I obtain my first Lucky Craft about 10 years ago in California. People who were with me thought I was nuts to spend that kind of money on a lure! Well, over the years I've spent $$$thousands on them and they have won me tens of $$$thousand. As far as I'm considered the return on investment was well worth it. I am currently part of Lucky Craft USA's regional pro-staff but this only came about this year! All I can tell you is try one and see if it works for you, most people that I know who have tried one usually end up with 2, 3, 4 ...

What can I say? Fishing is a disease :dunno:

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by David Chong

i llok at them all the time...but man the price :dunno::blink::unsure: thats alot of mula...to pay for a lure but i spose if it caught you a huge fish that all of a suden the price wouldnt matter :thumbsup_anim: i dont own any as of yet ....but you never know...thats about the only lure i dont own at least 1 of lol lol :lol::Gonefishing:

About 5 years ago my friend bought a lucky craft pointer (stick/jerkbait). I thought it was gimmicky and could not believe he spent that much money on one lure. After watching him out-catch me 5 to 1, I gave in and bought one also. I now own many.

Over the last several years, it has become one of my go-to baits for many species.

It all has to do with having confidence in a lure, but the action with the lucky crafts as jerk baits and also when they are worked at a slow speed (slow rolled) is too much for bass, walleye, pike, and trout. I have found them to be especially productive during colder water applications. They have become my favorite shallow-water trout bait.

Lumberjack