Priceless Picture

Leecher

Guys, was just going throught some of the fishing pictures from the past and came accross this one that just stood out from all of the ones I have and though I would share with you...

It's my daughters first and biggest fish she ever caught by herself.... she was only 4 years old, using an ultra light spinning reel / rod combo on 6lbs test mono line and what a fight she got when this beast struck the hook & leech.... a moment that I cannot forget and real proud of her :canadian:

The story behind this was, we were at my sister's cottage on the dock and she ask me if she could try fishing with my ultra light rod and I said yes, grabbed it and rigged it with a hook and live leech.... showed her how to release the line from the spool and coached her when the fish would strike to set the hook.... but that did not last long... she would set the hook before the fish striked and could see that she was having fun

All of a sudden she says to me "Pop... I want my line over there" pointing at the side of the dock, which was only 1' 1/2 fow of water and told her "but Melissa.... there's no water there" and she told me "doesn't matter.... that's where I want it" and being a good dad I casted the line over the side of the dock and got back to talking to my brohter in law....

A couple of minutes went by and something from the corner of my eye caught my attention, turned to look at her and that's when I reached to grab the rod because it was bend over in two and almost slipped out of her hands.... this bass was fighting hard, jumping all over, doing airials. :w00t:

Finally was able to lip it and that's when my wife snapped the pic of both of us with one of the biggest fish she ever caught... a nice small mouth bass

Here it is

MelissaFirstBass.jpg

This one was not released but was eaten by her and I..... a moment that I will not soon forget

Leechman

Those are the best kind of fishing photos. The smiles tell a story than no words can clearly express. A special story tween you and your daughter.

I've got dozens of those priceless moments, and I look forward to capturing another similar picture every chance I get.

I wish you and your daughter hundreds of these special moments.

It's tough to say who is more proud! I bet she felt like that fish was going to pull her in. That's a cutie you have there for sure.

My daughters used to be cute, now they are big (I just figgered that they split 250 lbs between them) and smelly, with lots of attitude. I gotta stop cooking with cheese.

Edited by douG

Thanks everyone for the kind words :clapping: I've put this pic into a picture frame, the ones that you can set on a table top and Mélissa makes sure that it's displayed where I can see it all the time B)

She's real proud of her accomplishment :canadian:

Jacques

at one point we had sooooo many pics in frames we ran out of mantle space ...so we started a" Fishing Wall of Fame" which eventually lead to "The Fishing Wall of Shame" because the facial expressions on the face of a child says millions when they lose a good fish ( and helps back up thier story of the "big one that got away"...lol...

great stuff. You know fisherman are superstitious, next time I'm throwing on my Winnie the Pooh jammies and I'm heading for the shallowest water I can find...thank your daughter for the tip

Thanks Rizzo :thumbsup_anim: That beast came out of nowhere from under the dock and gulped that hook & leech even in 1 1/2 fow :w00t: