ANOTHER FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR

misfish

If god were to strike me down right now,I would say,I just watched the best game ever. Not that because we won,but it was the best game I have watched in many a years. WOW.

I feal like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Something tells me,there will be a part two,as there will not be a Canada/Russia final.

Sounds like I missed a good one. To back up a few games though, they have to do something about that goal differential rule as a tiebreaker. when you have teams that have such different talent levels its a stupid tiebreaker...flip a coin for Pete's sakes or penalty minutes or smelliest jersey...whatever it takes but forcing these kids to rack up a 15 goal lead is unsportsmanlike

If god were to strike me down right now,I would say,I just watched the best game ever.

Agreed...heck of a match, and what quick paced game!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again....

This tournament is the BEST hockey of the year.

I'd rather get tickets to the juniors gold medal match then Lord stanleys mug any day.

You simply cannot beat the intensity, and the heart these kids throw out there for the world to see.

Love it!

Agreed...heck of a match, and what quick paced game!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again....

This tournament is the BEST hockey of the year.

I'd rather get tickets to the juniors gold medal match then Lord stanleys mug any day.

You simply cannot beat the intensity, and the heart these kids throw out there for the world to see.

Love it!

now now.....i love the NHL playoffs those guys give it all they got.......but yes...the juniors are awesome to watch as well.....can't wait till we play the Russians in the semis...should be another good game....so long as Slovakia doesen't make another upset but i doubt it....

Ya NHL is ok I guess... :whistling:

I just never returned as big of a fan after the strike.

Truth be told I started frequenting the local Ranger(OHL) games during the strike even more then I had before, and basicly came to realize I I enjoy the OHL as much as the NHL so why spend more dough?

I'm lucky that with my Job I often travel to Sarnia & Peterborough so I check them out on occasion, and sometimes find myself in St. Johns watchign the Fog Devils(QMJHL)

One thing I can say with 100% certainty is there is more heart in those Junior regular season games IMO.

And they tend to be 10x as intense and "most" NHL season game.

But the NHL Play offs are a different story...thats some good stuff right there.

But In all honesty I would seriously would rather be in Ottawa to see the Boys play for gold, then watch some random team hoist the stanley cup, but thats just me :dunno:

If it were the leafs which won't happen any time soon...I might change my mind :rolleyes:

so long as Slovakia doesen't make another upset but i doubt it....

Now that would be something wouldn't it?

Can't say I see it going down like that but I'd love to see it happen!

Edited by Cookslav

I think Canada Really got lucky on this one. Lots of Penalty chances. A Blunder by the Russian that missed the open net. All I got to say, is, they got to play a lot better against the Swedes. As far as Goal tending, hopefully he does better, especially if Canadian Scoring chances are going to be at a minimum. With all that said, great game, second to the USA game in my opinion.

Canada vs Sweden is my rivalry, the one I never forget and love to watch.

It was 1990, I was only 7 years old playing in a bowling tournament up in Barrie (where I now live). Canada vs Sweden was playing that day, it was 4-4 after OT and it went to a shootout. The entire bowling tournament paused during this time and everyone huddled around a small TV in the top corner next to the bar. Loud cheers when we scored and boos when we didn't. Sweden won the shootout and won the game 5-4.

It made the rest of that day very depressing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_World_Ju...y_Championships

Check out January 3rd. It's the first day I ever watched this tournament and it's the day I got hooked on junior hockey at a young age. Canada vs Sweden is where it's at for me, can't wait for tomorrow.

Also, about a month later we lost to Sweden again this time at the world championships and again in a shootout. Forsberg put on a sick move to win the gold that year. Go Canada Go

Edited by Governator