ANOTHER FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR

misfish

sadly the world is not watching. People paying attention to junior hockey seems to be only a Canadian pastime. Even hockey countries like Sweden and Finland don't seem to give a you-know-what when it comes to this tourney...so they put it in Canada where the arenas will be full! I remember watching some games in past years when other countries hosted and you could practically shoot a cannon through the arena. Either way, we'll be watching what should amount to some great hockey.

Well it ain't hog callin' GCD!

lol

Yup, besides opening up presents, the World Juniors is my favorite part of the season too, Misfish. I remember watching years ago when the Canadians were never favoured. Man, have times changed.

Too bad we have to endure Pierre Maguire throughout. His ramblings are pretty annoying.

Although I cheer on the boys,we "ALL" knew,this was no challange for the boys. Heck they had 30 players to choose from. I am going back to watch the finish. That goalie better get the player of the game for KAS.

Edited by misfish

7-0 against Borat!! crazy hockey!!

Makes one think ,,,,,,,,,,,,WHY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WHY even show up,put the dollars out,,,Well, even though they know they will get spanked,there a few players that should get show cased. How else will they be seen.

Im not impressed with the 15 goal performance. When it was 9-0, thats when they should of worked on some drills.

I dont see the Germans giving them trouble,but we all know what a Canada vs USA game can do,YEP PUT,EM UP. (Maybe the dawg will watch that one)

I see a Canada vs Russia final.

Im not calling a winner in that one,as Iam not confident in the Canadian goal tendending. Seem lost to me.

Edited by misfish

Canadians have a strong team again this year........teams like the US will not be able to play with our guys this year.....Canada vs. Russia in the final......as long as they can keep putting up points on the power play we should be able to handle the russians.......i really like watching Ryan Ellis....used to play hockey on my team a couple years ago.....he is one of the smartest players on that team....really exciting to watch....

Grimace...normally I would agree with you about running up the score to 15-0 is unsportsmanlike. However in this tournament, goal differential is what is used in a tiebreak situation so they don't really have a choice except to continue playing and scoring if possible.

If Canada was to let up against Khasakstan and say another pool team (ie the Checks) did not let up against them. if Canada and the Checks were tied after pool play, the goal differential would be the deciding factor.

Don't like seeing scores like that myself but I'm afraid the boys don't have much of a choice.

Cheers

Craig

well so far I haven't been real impressed with the way they have played against the Germans so far 2-1 is the score......Ryan Ellis is playin hard as always....lol sorry used to play on my team....but what a play he made at the blueline to set up the 2nd goal for our boys.....

Interesting game. Yes we won,but was the Geramn team that good or did the boys hold back this time?? Maybe it was,"It,s Canada, let,s beat them"

Glad to see thier goalie got the player of the game for them. Being a father of a goalie, and a defencemen for many years,I can see why he got it. They are so under rated in a game.

Ok, now we got the USA up next.

I am looking forward to this one. That will be the test.

yes we won,but was the Geramn team that good or did the boys hold back this time??

I don't think they held back?

The German team played well...for being out skilled by a mile.

They were twice the size of our boys, and they did a great job playing a physical game, which is about all they had to offer

(besides a pretty dam good little goaltender)

To be honest I think the physical play made the boys think a bit before crossing the blue line, and charging the corners.

Not that they had to think all that hard about it, but it was the first game in this tourny playing a sizeable opponent, and the first time anyone was dishing some punishment back at them...

It took the boys until the 3rd period to figure it out completely, so...

Ya I'd say the Germans played good...The Candians were just ALOT better.

It was probobly a great thing to get a physical game out of the way considering is the USA next...