Fishing Christmas day Virginia !

Slyatv

In Virginia Bay ..Lake Simcoe .. the first operator has hit the ice .. He Now has two huts out and Plans on a couple more SOON ... I would guess so.. DAVE'S IS OPEN !

I went out this morning ...with all the intention of hitting the ice by 8 am......... so at 10:45 am I did as a matter of fact, finally did hit the Ice ! Man I love the WIlcraft ! Makes Life SO EASY !

IMG00496.jpg

That's where were going ... Would be a long walk !

But ZOOM ZOOOM ZOOOM

IMG00499.jpg

Lake shore .. Never took a step !

IMG00501.jpg

SO I heard there was a bunch of Slush out there ! ! I did Find spots that were even ten inches of SLUSH .. this is NOT everywhere just in the deep drifts..

SO we went out and set up .Took a while to get out as I don't use a gps ... Just go by that "PLAN". I figured 9 ft of water ...

IMG00505.jpg

But those huts are way out there ! Bettcha they're on fish ! ! LMAO !

Set up here .. and We'll see ! ! was good to actually run an AUGER ...and need it !

IMG00507.jpg

IMG00510.jpg

IMG00512.jpg

IMG00515.jpg

Catch that .. a solid 8 inches of Black Ice out there ... This is VERY consistent as I find it ... We drilled several holes today !

Yes there is Sleds Running around And quads ! But the ferry is still running .. BE AWAREof that area..

All Tucked in .. Fishing ! On Christmas day !

Catching fish ! Only wanted a taster .. but still .. managed to do that !

IMG00524.jpg

Scottydag and his Christmas smile !

IMG00527.jpg

IMG00529.jpg

The Mine LOL..

So that's the Catch of the day ! a few little sweeties !

IMG00531.jpg

Gotta love the ease involved in Fishing the Wilcraft !

Simple to move and set up ..

Just get out

IMG00538.jpg

IMG00539.jpg

IMG00540.jpg

IMG00542.jpg

Then Back Home ..No sweat ,no sore back ,no wet feet ,just a great day !

Oh I'll be out .... The Ice is protected pretty well up here .. And the Wilcraft won't sink Proved it a few times ...on purpose .in the summer.. test test test .. She's tight ! ..

Where's those Fish ! ?

Actually it's SMOOTH FLAT bottomed and has 11 inches of Movement/Clearance ... With the tracks and the ski's I don't see any issues at all . Never bother to mount the Hardware for this type of weather but I will If I have any issues out there I will. !! So far a set of studs in the wheels and I've been good.. two people sitting on the drive wheels and the front just sort of glides over.. Gonna mount the Skiis for a while and check that out ! Fun "PLAYING"with something new .... Something to remember the whole macjhine only weighs 450 lbs ... SMOOTH bottom and Electric lift wheels ... Usually just lift the wheels and slide the machine around "NORMALLY" ... just for set up ! I dropped it through the ice and it only took 7 minutes and WE were up and driving again ! ! This Machine has had all the tests done .. Now it's the learning curve of user error !

Great report Shane!

Been a long time Bud.....How the heck you feeling these days....I hope a full recovery was the end of the story.

I dont know exactly when, but I will make it up this winter for some whitely action for sure....Ill be in touch long before that day..

Its got to be a trade off though...I'd like to see you and wifey out my way on Quinte for some walleye action on the ice too..

Theres room at the inn now that we've renovated so you dont have to worry about returning the same day.

Take care Bud...we'll talk soon

Pete

BTW...seasons greetings and a safe NewYears buddie...Sincerely Glad your still up on your feet slaying them and enjoying your new water ride.

Drop me a PM when you've the chance.

Well without this being a commercial ... But since you asked ...

The Retail Price is $10,495 U S FUNDS !

That is for a basic machine .. as explained on the website .. I will be glad to send an option List with prices off the Board to anyone with interest !

There are several options but the most expensive option is of course the Tracks ..

This has yet to be even attached to see if it fits LOL... on mine .. I see no need so far ! Studded tires and Posi trak axle .. Please Just E-mail or pm me UNLESS IT's OK that I post this HERE ! ! .. I don't wanna wear out my welcome ! lmao !

Shipping is pretty easy . On approval of funds of course I'll have it shipped .. NOT FAR . just Cortland Ohio !

Edited by Slyatv

Thank you! I and misfish DID ASK so if anyone has a problem with you answering a question, that is their problem!

It is a little more than I can afford right now but had I known about it before buying my ATV I think this is a lot more versitile.

Thanks again!

Big Cliff

Hey Sly.....

How soon do you figure before "Sly-ville" opens up this year?

Referring to the Whitey spot a wayyyyyyyyy out there on Simcoe.

Is the train leaving from Salvation Army again this year?

Meely :canadian:

YA the train will be off Franklin Beach again this year ! And I still Have the White toyota to POUND ! ! Never Know where those damn fish are .. We'll find them ! And I'll tell ya's where ! LOL

There's No fish In Lake Simcoe Anyway !