Got out at Virginia Beach this afternoon 12/25/08!!

tapout

Hey Everyone,

Got out this afternoon. Didn't get my lines down till around 3pm or so. Fished for about 2 and a half hours. Caught a dozen perch with 8 keepers. Only saw two other people out there . They were on their way in as I got out there. One said he was a member of the Simcoe Board and this board as well. He said his name was "slyatv" . They looked to have done well. Not sure how long they were out though. As my excursion was decided last minute I had no minnows and they offered me some and thats what I caught them with. I used a panfish / pickeral rig and got about 4 on that and I got the rest on small teardrop lures tipped with the minnows.

The conditions were decent. A bit of slush on some spots but nothing too thick. Nothing more then about 2 or 3 inches but I was on foot. Everywhere I popped holes there was at least 5 to 8 inches of good ice.

High chance I will go again tomorrow morning. Anyone else gonna be out there? If so I'll be wearing a big green worksuit.

Cheersand Merry Christmas everyone.

good to see people getting out

were there any atvs or skidoos out there, I would perfer not to walk out there is saturday

Did you say SATURDAY???????????????? What time???????????? :whistling::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Good job bud on the fish.

Oh know worries about walk,n here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if we have to.LOL

Edited by misfish

Hey Terry,

yeah I saw a couple ski-doos out there and sly was useing his Wilcraft - http://www.thewilcraft.com/the_vehicle.php.

Looked like it could be kinda heavy and he didn't break throught anywhere I can see although he did find a few slushy spots, usually where there was a small snow drift.

The Georgina Island Ferry is still running so stay FAR away from its path. The Chippewa's have a sign posted at the access by the Virginia Beach Marina saying this should be used as an emergency route only and ice conditions aren't safe but from what I can see no probs out there.

As for Saturday, it doesn't look good. High of around +10 and rain. Tomorrow looks good though.

Cheers,

Tony.

Of course I'll Post ... just Waiting for 'Tapout' to post ... It was His day out there ! Christmas day fishing ...

Glad you had a great day out there Bro ! Always glad to "help" No Minnows ... Can't have that simple stuff makes the World go round !

Ya I'll Put up a full post !

I found 8 inches out there ! Yes thee was Quads and Sleds Running .. Daves Huts are OPEN Virginia ! Two Rentals Out there ! READY FOR THE WINTER ! !

Ya Guys I've been Fishing ... I can say NOW it's safe in Virginia ... Gonna go around to Port Bolster this week ... After the Rains ! !