BIG MAMA Pike through the ice....

iceslayer

Fishing a local pond for some crappies. We allway's have got a pike rig sittin out. But never have we landed one this big outa there.... My buddy got it dead stick'n a huge chub on a spinning rod. Wow!! What a scrap!!

42" length and a 19" girth...

Lovin this first ice..

121608_003.JPG

121608_010.JPG

Edited by iceslayer

HAHAHA tHIS ONE WAS THE DAY BEFORE FROM ANOTHER BUDDY. uLTRA LIGHT ROD, AND 4LBS TEST. tINY LITTLE JIG!!!

Nice huge crappie too....

i had read the post on the other pike yesterday caught on ultralight i was thinking lightining struck twice not knowing that it was the same gang o' guys

Well we fish for giants all the time but she alway's bites us off no matter what were usin. That fish bit us off and then smacked another bait 10 min, later and we got the rig back from the first hit.

There is a ton of structure there so it's pretty tough to keep one of those on...

Man that was a brute for sure! What sucks now, is that were gonna be fishin all winter long tryin to beat the size of that fish! lol But that's alright...I'm always game for a challenge!

this sounds like a little friendly competition for the hardwater pike season to me!!!!!

pike.jpg