Plaques for my Trophy

Leecher

Guys,

It's been some time since I could work on my trophy project and last night went to Rona and bought a Pine edge glued panel 11/16" x 16" x 36" made by Brico Pano. I thought I'd buy tongue and groove pieces of pine but could not find any thick enough for what i wanted so this piece I found just satisfied my likings.

This morning, started to work on the template because the one I had was not big enough..... here a pic of the two

DSC01204.jpg

The blue is the one I had for the smaller racks but had to make a bigger one. Got to work and this is the results

DSC01205.jpg

I laid down my trophy on it just to get a feel for what it was to look like..... and this is the results

DSC01206.jpg

Since the piece of pine I've bought was big enough, why not make a couple more

DSC01207.jpg

Now I have to figure out where I'm going to hang it on my trophy wall.... the wife won't accept that I put it above the fireplace and this is the only wall I can hang it amongs the others

DSC01210.jpg

Roy, TJ, Spiel the other two plaques are available for the auction if need be and will ship them at no cost to the highest bidder.

My Christmas gift to me is almost finish and real proud of it :canadian::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Hope you enjoy!

Leechman

Aye stun beau travail d'artisan!

Shame it had to be pine and not birds eye for such a presentation. The light wood exentuates the dark of the antlers well though.

cheers

HD

Thanks HD.... Pine is the only wood that I can find at a lower cost and it's easy to cut, router and sand down.

Real proud of it :canadian:

i really like that walleye....gorgeous mount!

Thanks Hawk.... was caught ice fishing in Papineauville QC, Cole Outfitter in 25' fow on a live minnow. That is the only mount I have and this one was one of the biggest I caught and seen on that section of the Ottawa :clapping:

Wow Jacques.....not only do you make awesome tip-ups (which we'll put to use soon I hope on McBay) but your wood crafting is superb!!!

See you soon on the hard water mon chum!!! :thumbsup_anim::canadian::Gonefishing:

Thanks Steve.... won't be long now -16C with the wind shield -26C :w00t::canadian:

WOW!! That's some great handy work there! Looks amazing...be proud to show that off too. Great Walleye by the way....haha.

Thanks Cliff I like the results and this trophy is my pride and joy. The eye is nothing like the ones at Bay of Quinte but is the biggest I caught B):canadian:

Here is the final results.... got 3 coats of varnish on today and had to re-arrange the trophy wall :lol:

View going up from the basement

DSC01213.jpg

View going down to the basement

DSC01212.jpg

Jacques

i guess you're proud , there's lots to be proud of . some dandy trophies and mighty fine craftsmanship to boot. great lookin' trophy wall for sure. nice mass on the new addition . take a bow , you deserve it.

Thanks you waterwolf :thumbsup_anim: Now I find myself going up and down from and to the basement staring at them :lol::lol:

Can't wait for next season..... will not come soon enough :thumbsup_anim::canadian:

Thanks again :thumbsup_anim: