Who here remembers this??

Guest lundboy

Guest lundboy

I remember this from grade 2 or 3, only it was a long version about 20 minutes with scenes from all over Ontario.

Didn't see the Ontario Pavilion at Expo though, too young.

Edited by lundboy

God that does bring back a ton of memories. Emperor Bill ( Davis :lol: ) would always have a brass band or school choir to sing/play that theme every time a new provincial facility or program was opened.

More important was our national theme from the Centennial and EXPO. Remember Bobby Gimby?

"North, South, East, West, There'll be happy times....."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjiIvGpbYX8

Back when Canadians were proud of this country :canadian:

And a few other forgotten Canadian tunes: Maple City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hWpRj7Nus...feature=related

Maple Leaf Forever

Edited by bigugli

I won't apologize for all the flag waving. I am a very loyal, and rabid, Canadian :canadian:

Oh, and one more for the "blue jackets" out there:

Come cheer up my lads to the tavern we steer,

To have us some more of that wonderful cheer'

To the P O's we drink and the Snotties who sneer

We'll have us some pints til we've drunk all the beer....

God that does bring back a ton of memories. Emperor Bill ( Davis :lol: ) would always have a brass band or school choir to sing/play that theme every time a new provincial facility or program was opened.

Wow do I ever remember that .. in fact I went to school RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD from Bill's house ... they used to have all kinds of hippy rallies in the park behind his house - of course I was in grade 5 at the time so we were just glad to get out of class :)

Edited by camillj

Wow do I ever remember that .. in fact I went to school RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD from Bill's house ... they used to have all kinds of hippy rallies in the park behind his house - of course I was in grade 5 at the time so we were just glad to get out of class :)

I got to play at a few of his PR events. Used to play in a Sea Cadet band in the early 70's Had to have all those forementioned Canadian songs memorized.

Brampton was just one big subdivision back then. Half the houses were built by Bramalea Construction back then.

I got to play at a few of his PR events. Used to play in a Sea Cadet band in the early 70's Had to have all those forementioned Canadian songs memorized.

Brampton was just one big subdivision back then. Half the houses were built by Bramalea Construction back then.

Yep .. and downtown was called the 'four corners' ... Bramalea was where the Glass factory was ...