A Nice Pair !! - Pic

Slayingm

....Of Simcoe Smallmouth that is.

I decided to take one of the nicer days off during the deer hunt and took advantage of the flat conditions to hit Simcoe one last time before putting the boat away. Instead of sweating it out in the bush the action on the lake was hot as we boated a number of big smallies between 4.5 and up to 6.5lbs. All the fish were really fat and packing on the beef for the winter.

Attached a nice pic of a couple of the fish... one was over 6 the other just under.

100_0247-5.jpg

Jigging spoons in silver and silver/gold combo's and tube jigs both performed well. We caught fish as shallow as 27' and as deep as 40'.

Great way to end the softwater season.

Best of luck to all planning on hitting the hardwater this year... remember to be safe out there... Greg.

First off,real nice fish Greg You always seem to amaze.

Second off,whats this jigging with spoons for smallies?

Can you please enlight,n me with the way this is done.

Thanks from a tube guy.LOL

Well.... I like using 'chunk' spoons like the Hopkins....hammered Silver and Gold finishes both work great.

Sometimes the fish like the spoons snapped really aggressively off the bottom other times they will only hit when they are 'quivered' right on the bottom.... you have to experiment each day to see what they will repond to. Some days when they won't hit the tubes they will crush spoon's and vs versa.

Take care.... Greg.