snot rocket bonanza

limeyangler

Hi Y'all,

wasn't planning on going fishing , then Dave called at about noon yesterday...nuff said....we were on the water by 3:30pm...would have been sooner but ...blah...blah...blah.

The weather was just awesome, compared to the last week or so. It was still about minus 2, but the sun was out, skies blue, and no wind. maybe not the best for our target species walleye, but just too nice a day to pass up on the chance of fishing :thumbsup_anim:

STARTED CATCHING NORTHERNS STRAIGHT OFF THE BAT

IMG_2111.jpg

AND CATCHING

IMG_2112.jpg

AND CATCHING

IMG_2117.jpg

AND CATCHING

IMG_2118.jpg

AND CATCHING

IMG_2119.jpg

THEY WERE LITTERALLY FLYING INTO TE BOAT....A 3 HOUR SNOT ROCKET FEST

IMG_2113.jpg

AS THE SUN STARTED TO SET WE HAD BEEN FISHING FOR THREE HOURS, MOVED AROUND A BIT, CHANGED DEPTHS/STRUCTURE ETC....BUT NO WALLEYE

IMG_2116.jpg

THEN AS THE SUN DIPPED BEHIND THE HORIZON...IT WENT COMPLETELY DEAD

IMG_2120.jpg

WHAT A GORGEOUS EVENING ON THE LAKE THOUGH

IMG_2123.jpg

JUST AS WE WERE GONNA CALL IT A DAY...THE WALLEYE BITE STARTED....AND ENDED 15 MINUTES LATER...BUT WE GOT SUPPER.

IMG_2122.jpg

Edited by limeyangler

Great afternoon,and evening fishin !!!. :canadian: .and man does that lake ever look nice,glad to see its not windy up there cause here its like a small huricane for about 5 days straight now !!!. :wallbash::dunno: ..and hey you managed to wrangle up supper at the last minute, :whistling::clapping: a terrific way to end the day,a nice sunset and fresh walleye filletts for supper !!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Beautiful report LA!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

There's nothing wrong with catching Poike!!!... Fish with big teeth and an attitude!!! :canadian: ... man I love that stuff!!!

When I go fishin', I fish for what is biting! :Gonefishing:

Good show on catchin' the Wall-ice when they were biting!... but you ought to know they're gonna bite best during the low light hours! :thumbsup_anim:

You've really got those fish of the GWN dialed in Bubba!

btw... do you ever eat any of those Pike?... they really are decent table fare!!! :P

Thanks for the replies guys. GCD...me and dave are among the few folk up this way that dont mind catching pike....they are not the most popular species up here at all, but i love 'em....fight hard and are always hungry...perfect fish if you ask me....and yup...i eat them...i actually prefer it to walleye...but if i said that out loud up here i would be shot at dawn...if not soooner!

Filleted, they're almost as tasty as walleye. I've got the 4 fillet method down pat. The pike has to have some meat on its bones though. Gotta be 22" or better They also are a favourite ingredient in my Gram's "fish head soup". I can still remember her or my aunt, in their heavy Finnish accent, with the weekly reminder. " You bring home pike for soup!", and my great aunt giving my cousin royal heck because I brought home pike and he did'nt. :P

Of course, Gram would reward me for being a good grandson and give me beer money for next weekend. The old girls were always giving each other the gears about who had the better grandson.

Tyyne was always proud of her Finn boy.

Yup I was spoiled rotten. :D