A Few Days on the Water - Report and Pics

JustinHoffman

Hello All,

Have had the opportunity to get out a few times over the last two weeks. Gotta love the solitude you find out on the water come fall - really is the best time to be out casting a line.

Trip 1.

Hit a lake outside of Ottawa to scrounge up some walleye. Temperature was fairly cool, and a northernly wind began gusting pretty good come early afternoon.

Concentrated on the 8 to 12 foot depths, just off the weedline. Vegetation was nice and green.

Picked up a few walleye within the first hour - rip jigging bucktails and working swim baits put the fish in the boat.

Struggled for the rest of the day to find the walleye, although I did get into some great action working a shoreline for largies. The fish were crushing a Rattle Trap crank being burnt through the water - made for some pretty fun fishing...

ThreeTrips01.jpg

ThreeTrips03.jpg

ThreeTrips02.jpg

ThreeTrips04.jpg

ThreeTrips05.jpg

ThreeTrips06.jpg

Trip 2

Hit a section of the Ottawa River for a quick evening fish. Of course, as in every time I hit this water, I struggled. Did put a decent smallie in the boat, and had some topwater pike action in the shallower water..

ThreeTrips08.jpg

ThreeTrips07.jpg

Trip 3

Headed out to Mississippi Lake with a friend that was visiting from out of town. Caught a variety of fish (smallies, largies, pike), but couldn't put a walleye in the boat.

Bucktail jigs, spoons, jerk baits, wake baits, and rattle traps all accounted for fish. The smallmouth are certainly beginning to fatten up..

ThreeTrips11.jpg

ThreeTrips10.jpg

All in all, some fun times on the water. Still looking for some stable cold weather to really get the pig largies on the bite....the flipping stick is ready and waiting!

Good Fishing,

Justin

A Spro jig it is......they are awesome in the water!

Thanks for the comments..

Good Fishing,

Justin

My favourite soft water jig for lakers, they're deadly!

Stellar pic's as usual Justin and some very nice fish.

Edited by solopaddler