What is this?

ehg

Went down to Humber River yesterday to see what was jumping at Old Mill.

There was nothing jumping for brief moment i was there.

As i walked to vehicle to leave, i stopped to watch seagulls peck the eyes out of rotting salmon.

While i stood there, out of my peripheral i could see something silently walking towards me.

Grabbed my camera and took this pic.

IMG_0005-22.jpg

Never seen one of these before.

I am pretty certain looking at the picture with the black legs and yellow beak that, that is a great egret.

http://www.naturephoto-cz.com/great-white-...-photo-491.htmlundefined

Looks like a Great White Egret, thanks for link anders nice pictures there.

They nest regularly along the Niagara R. Would not be surprised, with changing weather patterns, if their migration range is slowly expanding.

Read a little today that they are expanding there range north and eastward. Like the cardinal did 100 yrs. ago and

Turkey Vulture 25 yrs. ago.

Yes I do Snag. Jeez...what self respecting bird eats eyes.....ewwwwww.....GROSSSSSSSS.

Eyes. Hows this one. I was at Bronte a few years back and there was a dead chinook by the rock pile on the east side. A hen mallard began pecking at it. As I watching she discovered something good in the salmons distended vent. I was a female salmon. The hen mallard shoved her bill into the salmon and kept shoving til she was buried in it to her eyeballs. I wish I had a camera for that one.