whats yours

Hawg Hunter

hello all just thought id ask what your favorite ice fishing line is?

all that know me know i don't use a rod and reel lol,im still old school and i use a jigging stick :thumbsup_anim: now with that said i love to use 50lb magnathin line :thumbsup_anim: yep you read it right 50lb megnathin line :clapping: .

Hawg Hunter

I use a 6lbs thor ultra, for lakers and whities on a thorne bros rod with a 2500 stradic.

Ive used all sorts of line and this has produced the best results for me by far.

light enough to let a small williams fall to the bottom in 120fow, and strong enough to handle a big laker.

For fresh water fish I use 4 to 8 lb test mono if in shallow water or 6 to 10 lb test Fireline in deeper water.

For deep saltwater fishing in the Saguenay River, I use 30 and 40 lb braid and for ocean perch in deep water I use 14 lb test Fireline.

I use spinning and baitcasting reels on short home made rods.

Edited by Dabluz

For fresh water fish I use 4 to 8 lb test mono if in shallow water or 6 to 10 lb test Fireline in deeper water.

For deep saltwater fishing in the Saguenay River, I use 30 and 40 lb braid and for ocean perch in deep water I use 14 lb test Fireline.

I use spinning and baitcasting reels on short home made rods.

Im interested in how you ice fish salt water?

haha oh man at Wal-mart on Friday night i was in the fishing area and saw these 2 foot rods i was like 'hey Natasha its your rod but 10x smaller'' then she said it was for ice fishing so i looked at the tag and it was. I have never seen any ice fishing stuff before haha and was kinda shocked she knew. guess she saw a sign somewhere ..... ...