Looking for spinning reels

bassjnkie

I like my Daiwa reels, but I am willing to buy something else. I need at least 200yrds of 10lb mono, a good front drag (very important), and a solid body/frame. Price range I am not sure of, but please suggest something reasonable.

I am not a Shimano guy, but I know there are a lot of Shimano lovers out there, so suggest away.

These are some reels I was looking at online.

1 - Daiwa® Exceler 3000

2 - Pflueger® President 6740X

3 - Pflueger® Supreme XT 9040XT

4 - Pflueger® Supreme 8040MGX

Thanks in advance for the suggestions

Daniel

I like my Daiwa reels, but I am willing to buy something else.

Why look anywhere else then???? If you can't already tell I am a pure Daiwa guy....

Of the Daiwa's I own the Team Daiwa Advantage 2500 size is one fine reel. I don't think they make them anymore (discontinued last year?) but if I were to buy one now I would opt for the Team Daiwa® TD-Pro, Daiwa® Tierra™, or the Daiwa® Sol™. A little bit more $ than the Exceler but nice reels for sure.

And as Radnine posted, LeBaron usually has much better pricing on the Daiwa stuff....

Burt :)

The Pflueger President is quite possibly the best bang for your buck. I went into Bass Pro intent on purchasing a Quantum Energy PTI and the salesman told me I would be wasting the extra money. He then made me try out both reels and the Pflueger was actually quite a bit smoother. And for about $70.00 less. I spent the savings on tackle!

I have to go +1 on the Pflueger President 6740's I have bashed the heck out of my two and they just keep on working. I fish all winter long for steelhead with mine, and use to fish all summer. They seem to take -30C or +30C equally well. I found shimanos at the cooler temps felt like I was turning a coffee grinder...

You got me, I do have 2 stellas 2500 but I need a little more line, like a 3000, but I want a reel that I can punish a bit. Thanks everyone, I wanted to try different company like Pfluger. I did come to a decision though, yes Shimano, either the Shimano Stradic FI, Shimano Stradic MgFB, or even the Shimano Saros F, please give me some feedback on these reel if you use them, GCD I got your vote!! :rolleyes:

Photoz, how do you know what my carp and match gear is worth. :whistling:

Edited by DanielM

:rolleyes:How'd I know . . . the first time you told me, it was over $15,000.00 worth . . . next time . . . . close to $25,000.00 worth . . a few weeks later . . . . in a p. m. . . . just never got around to deleting 'em yet. remember the piece I was looking for, for my Fox MMX? If yer gonna stretch things just a wee bit, ya gotta remember what you say, eh? :angel:

:blahblah1:

:clapping: I remeber everything I say. Remeber this one, just to clear things up, I under estimated the value of my equipment, it is alot more. Oh ya, can you please keep things to yourself, I really don't think everyone on this board should know the value of my stuff. I have to give you this, you have alot of nerve posting this. Nothing better to do EH! :wallbash:<_<

i've got a sedona, a sahara, a symmetre, and a saros ... and i love them all lol.

Victor how do you like the saros?

Edited by DanielM

Victor how do you like the saros?

Have yet to land anything big on it (only 1-2lb bass) yet but it's smooth. When i played around with it in Lebarons it was actually smoother than the stradic (and quite a few people say that too). For the price it's definitely a great reel.

for the money I spent I'm quite satisfied with both my Spirex and Sedona. They've been durable but my Spirex took a bit of a beating recently running into a few 25+" pike while throwing jigs for walleye to the point where my drag isn't working the way it once did and I'm going to replace it.

Have yet to land anything big on it (only 1-2lb bass) yet but it's smooth. When i played around with it in Lebarons it was actually smoother than the stradic (and quite a few people say that too). For the price it's definitely a great reel.

Thanks for the info. Has a strong/smooth drag thats what I looking for. I was going to ask if it's solid, but I will find out tommorrow at LeBaron.

for the money I spent I'm quite satisfied with both my Spirex and Sedona. They've been durable but my Spirex took a bit of a beating recently running into a few 25+" pike while throwing jigs for walleye to the point where my drag isn't working the way it once did and I'm going to replace it.

I had a couple of Sedona's their great, I will look into the Spirex.

Thanks