Gas going up 12.9 cents Tomorrow!

Wild

Burt

$ 1.10 is about $5.00 a Gallon. I didn't want to scare you bud. :o

I'm assuming they sell gas in Buffalo by the US gallon (3.79L), not Imp. gallon (4.5L). Take into account the exchange and he was about bang on.

I'm off on vacation next week. Needed boat gas, truck gas and filled a couple of :jerry: cans for the boat next week. Total spent - $170. The bonus - they were out of regular so they were giving the supreme for the cost of regular. :clapping:

I hear ya, I have a trip planned with a few guys next weekend...need to fill my van both ways,will be towing a buddies boat , and when there,I have 2 boats there that will need gas,the bigger boat costs about 20 bucks a day if travelling around, fortunately already have almost a tank there, who ever uses my 14 fter is lucky cuz I already have a full tank for that and it's good for a couple days. Is the rising price of gas going to stop us??/well no, I figure if I gotta worry about an extra 20 bucks for the trip in boat gas that I got way worse problems than trying to go on a fishin mission..the good part, we are carpooling in my van..but we will be using 3 boats..think about it, it will probably cost more money for gas in total than it will for everyone's food and drink the whole time...well depends on how the beer is flowing, but you get the point. For the most part this summer has probably cost my family and average of about 25-30 bucks a trip to go to camp...probably an average of 100 bucks more a month to enjoy our summer fun.

It might come to the point that heading across the border will soon be worthwhile unless the canuckbuck drops again. The problem right now though is that if the hurricane wipes out any texas tea refineries look for gas prices to go higher.

:wallbash:When I headed out fishing this morning, I nearly had a bird . . . $1.35.9 . . . . . but, I'd seen it at Ontario & #401 in Port Hope @ $1.17.9 as I headed home yesterday . . . . I crossed my fingers, did a bit of coasting down hills, and as I came off the highway . . . . STILL $1.17.9!! WHEW!! I put in 87 litres . . . . . a saving of not far off $18.00!! As I headed home tonight . . . $139.9!! :thumbsup_anim:

Don't the gas companies LOVE hurricanes or what. Just when the oil price is going down, here comes another hurricane to give them all the excuse they need to jack up the price.... "OMG hurricane, we'r scared and we'r gona increase the gas price so the pile of cash can give us more comfort."

You'd really think this should be a campaign issue. The first politician to put forth a plan to control this would be very popular right now. This screw job on the public is absolutely ridiculous.

Becoz it's cheaper for the gas companies to pay-off the politicians to have their mouth shut, then to actually lower the price (or stop increasing the price).

Guest Johnny Bass

Somebody has to pay for the losses the American banks(which are actually European banks) have taken. And seeing that Canada's economy is stronger, looks like we will be carrying the debt.

The PC government is pro big industry(FOREIGN) and another lap dog for the elites. They have been preparing our country to be taken over by foreign investors.....

What a great system the super wealthy have. Invest OUR money. Make all kinds of money and their money is untouched and grows. And when they take a loss with OUR money and their gravy train starts to slow down? They make more money from the Federal reserve, which increases the money supply,lowers the currency value and increases inflation. Which means high prices.

More or less we work and pay for over priced goods to maintain the wealth of the super rich.

A guy from North Carolina on another fishing forum blames it all on us north americans for overbuying and hoarding gas!

Well, I know that some of my southern US friends save up a bit of extra gas to run their gennies etc in the event of one of their hurricanes. I suppose if enuf folks squirrel away 100 gallons of fuel each, that might make a dent in the supply.

JF

A guy from North Carolina on another fishing forum blames it all on us north americans for overbuying and hoarding gas!

I think there might be some truth to that. Just take a drive in 401 rush hour traffic and you'll see how selfish Canadians are. 90+ percent of cars have one person driving in it. Why aren't more people carpooling? Because of individualism...everyone thinks of themselves, wants to be in there own little space, and dosn't want to put up with a little inconvience to save gas and money. Gas prices are based on supply and demand, less cars on the road equals less traffic, less demand for gas and lower prices. I have been carpooling for 3 years now. Every time I suggest carpooling to commuters complaining about gas prices I get a funny look from them. People need to be more forward thinking instead of stuck in their old ways.

Guest Johnny Bass

There is some truth to that, but not on the civilian level. After 9/11, The American military started increasing its oil reserves in case of war in the middle east and who has to pay the bill? The consumer. They say America has at least 4 years of oil supply should they go to war with Iran and oil supplies are disrupted.

China has also been building up their reserves, since Iran is a major supplier of oil to China.

So there is a good chance another world war is unfolding......Its all about Imperialism. Submit to the super powers or be destroyed.

Obviously there are other factors. All of which are a result of greed.

There is some truth to that, but not on the civilian level. After 9/11, The American military started increasing its oil reserves in case of war in the middle east and who has to pay the bill? The consumer. They say America has at least 4 years of oil supply should they go to war with Iran and oil supplies are disrupted.

China has also been building up their reserves, since Iran is a major supplier of oil to China.

So there is a good chance another world war is unfolding......Its all about Imperialism. Submit to the super powers or be destroyed.

Obviously there are other factors. All of which are a result of greed.

Don't forget about Chavez. The corperate elite are gonna take a big hit now that he's taking control of the oil in his country. Definatley ruffled some feathers. Interesting how Russia is doing navel exercises off the coast of Venezuala. We'll see who's first Chavez or Iran. Perhaps Iran is too much of a threat to Israel for the US to be stiring things up over there. Something definately brewing.