Labour Day Bassin

evster

My wife and I decided we wanted to spend today doing a bit of fishing. This is my last week with the boat I borrowed for the summer so we needed at least one more outing. We woke up at the crack of 9:30 and were down to the lake by shortly after 10. Wow, it was smokin hot already! It was probably one of the hottest days I fished this year. Maybe not the hottest temperature but absolutely no wind at all made for a rather warm one out there. With the sun high and no clouds I figured the bass would be hugging the shade. So we focused on fishing overhangs and logs near shore close to deeper water. I think we made the right call. The first decent bass of the day was this guy which I pulled off a submerged tree with a senko, he weighed in about 3 pounds.

2819255392_d0c18f5230.jpg

Then I skipped another senko up to an overhang and this guy picked it up right away. A bit bigger and the scale was saying about 3 and change.

2819257570_07f511f1be.jpg

I would have been happy with those on a day like today, and those are about as good as I have gotten out of that pond. A bit later I skipped the senko under an overhang and it had to have gone 3 feet into the overhang and I just heard a big splash and could tell my line was tightening up so I gave a good hookset and used the element of suprise to haul this girl out from a nest of twigs before she got hung up. My best largemouth so far. My scale was bouncing from 5 to 6, but I figure it was just a tad over 5 by the size of it. She was fat.

2818413641_5689384906.jpg

The good news is I finally outfished my wife, the bad news is she got skunked and wasn't to happy about it :stretcher:. But I think this years season has really helped her enjoy fishing alot more. Now I just need to get my own boat. Anyone know of a cheap 14 foot tinny??? I got the trailer all ready to go :thumbsup_anim:.

nice. I finally outfished the wife this weekend too! About time, her and her senko have been whooping my @$$

I hear ya. Her and her senkos. This time I fished the senkos and she got to fish the real lures like flipping jigs and spinnerbaits! Kidding...she was doing the same thing I was which was weird that she got skunked.